• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Different headphone for the ATP

Timbertodd

I believe I have read somewhere that the volume control on other headphone brands will not work when plugged into the Garrett AT Pro. I'm looking at getting a set of lightweight phones with a volume control along with the Garrett adapter cord. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

I went wireless with my AT Pro some time ago and never looked back. The setup is here (it's a Nokta Impact in the video but same thing applies for the AT Pro, apart from you need the adapter cable)
And yes, the earbuds have working volume control.
Will it work with other transmitters / earbud combos? This is the only pairing that worked satisfactorily for me, and I've tried a few!
Do not use anything that isn't APTX (Google it) or you will be sorely disappointed.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258353

I'm gonna try it on my atpro. I have a old pair and the adaptor

I spoke with Garrett directly Friday and was told there should not be any problems. I havent gotten the adapter cord yet but will be ordering it shortly.

I have Gray Ghost Amphibians, and no problems with volume control. Added benefit is water resistance to 10 feet, and MUCH better sound than stock phones.

Back
Top Bottom