Tried to find a lost ring

GillyWI

Elite Member
Been out 3 times trying to find a ring, a guy put an ad in the local paper describing it and telling where he lost it. He was helping to clean up a tot lot, pulling and bagging weeds. It was an award he won 10 years ago and lost it 2 weeks ago. He's so upset over losing it he went to an outdoor supplier (Gander Mtn I think he said) and bought himself a detector and tried finding it himself.
The local paper had his phone number messed up but I contacted the paper to get the correct number. So I got in touch with the guy after I already searched for a few hours, I was getting some clad out of the deal anyways, even though I was trying to stay on task and not dig very much, how can i just pass up a nice quarter signal?
Mainly investigated anything that showed a "zero" depth, although I was discriminating out a lot, I did reject everything except pulltabs and foil, not knowing what the ring was made out of.
I got contact with him and he said he thinks it's gold (gold colored anyways, he said) and he gave me better tips on where he was working, so now I have combed over the more likely areas (twice) and rejected only iron.
I have found a fair amount of zincolns and nickels, which I never find because I'm really just a coin shooter and don't want to dig a lot of trash, even though I know I will miss some good stuff.
The guy even saved the bagged weeds and has gone through that stuff hoping it might be in there.
Wish there was more I could do for him, either it's somewhere besides that park or someone grabbed it before he got back to look for it.
I guess I could recommend he try lostmystuff.net. I'd like to think if the park was going to cough it up it would have done so for me by now. I could also offer to check over the bags with him.

I've found that things usually aren't where they think they lost them. A friend searched his yard for a ring that he had lost and ended up finding it at a rental property he owned across town.

i have to give you credit for your efforts and trying so hard. :yes:

by any chance was he "tossing" leaves and branches towards a pile prior to bagging it? the reason i ask that is because last year i searched for a ring for a girl who was cleaning up a small area for a little flower garden. she pointed out the small pile of leaves and brush she had tossed aside and i got to thinking the ring was small, but heavy and might not have landed right there in the actual pile. sure enough..... about 10 feet beyond her little brush pile, there was her lost ring!

Well I've tried 2 more times since the last post, I think it was either found and the person who found it doesn't care, or he lost it somewhere else. He said it was a church project (to clean up this park) and they took a group photo and you can tell the ring is not there. He saved the bagged up trash/weeds etc and he has I guess looked through them already, but is still saving them, I might offer to help look through those with the detector or PP.

So I did expand my searfch out a bit further and still nothing.

I did find a RR spike down a few inches, and a wash token for an area grocery store chain which also has gas stations and car washes on the same property:

Attachments

• 000_3033.jpg
    000_3033.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 000_3036.jpg
    000_3036.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 261
  • 000_3039.jpg
    000_3039.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 240
Back
Top Bottom