• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 hour hunt

aviationgale

Elite Member
Got out this morning for a short hunt. The airport here is buying up a lot of properties at the end of the runway and a couple of houses were in the 20's I believe. They burned these two homes and haven't dozed any yet so I thought I'd give it a go. 3 wheat pennies, a copper wedding that was once clad in gold, and a little bit of change. The grass was on the high side and I am fighting a little bit of a cold so I kind of ran out energy. But was fun anyway. Oh yeah the dog tag was found while in NY last month, thought I had lost it but it showed up!

Attachments

• Oct. 13 2018.jpg
    Oct. 13 2018.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Copper wedding band.jpg
    Copper wedding band.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 196
  • NY dog tag.jpg
    NY dog tag.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 196
That looks like 2 hours we’ll spent! Nice hunting!

And I always love seeing those old dog tags - I’ve only found a couple myself, but they always make me wonder about the pooch they belonged with.

Great hunt! I wonder how old that wedding band might be?

P.S. Hope & pray you'll feel yourself soon! :thumbsup:

I was wondering that myself, it actually turned out to be brass, I did a little cleaning on it. Also I always wonder if it got thrown out there (lol) or if they got an upgrade (gold). I am feeling better and am heading out again tomorrow, fingers crossed.

That looks like 2 hours we’ll spent! Nice hunting!

And I always love seeing those old dog tags - I’ve only found a couple myself, but they always make me wonder about the pooch they belonged with.

I found the dog tag at my old home (circa 1862) in central NY. The guy that bought it was friends of ours, and he said have at it. But I was really surprised I didn't find any old coins. Maybe next year I'll hit it again.

Thought about it, but don't want to push my luck. The grass is SO high made it a difficult hunt. Check out my new post, I did the next house over, grass was high there too.

Back
Top Bottom