Headphones

CTCurt

Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Santa Claus is asking what I want for Christmas, thought you guys could help "her" out. I'm still using my stock phones that came w/my Whites and Garrett. Don't have any experience with anything else. What is everyones opinion on an upgrade. Thanks and Merry Christmas....Curt:grin:

i love my auvio wireless. comfortable, lightweight and great battery life (16+ hrs on rechargables) and the best thing...........no leash

What models do you guys have? I just looked and the ones I saw have a large transmit unit?....Curt

Love the Auvio Wireless as well, but they no longer make them. I got mine just before thanksgiving and there were only five left in every Radio Shack in the entire state of Wisconsin. Had to have mine sent in from another city to my store in town. I think they will be hard to find now.

Sunray Gold Pros or Killer Bees, the Bees are a bit cheaper, with bigger cups. Third would be the Grey Ghosts. Wireless HP would be nice as long as you make sure to get some that doesn't have the delay. martin

I'm lookin in to going wireless soon, and have came up with some options. The Auvio 33-284 wireless earbuds, the AubiCom WST- kit, the Britelink Bluetooth audio transmitter, and the TaoTronics TT-BA01 wireless bluetooth stero audio dongle.

The Auvio's are on clearance at Radio Shack.

The last two are just the transmitter, so would have to have a bluetooth ear piece or bluetooth phones with bluetooth receiver.

I am just researching at the moment and do not have any wireless setup at this time, but would like more info on other available setups.

What models do you guys have? I just looked and the ones I saw have a large transmit unit?....Curt

radio shack doesn't have these online anymore, stop by your local store and see if they have these....they are model number 33-283 and can be found at some stores on sale for under 30 bucks
depending on the machine you use them on you might also require an inline volume control...model number 42-2559 which costs about 10 bucks, then all ya need is a 1/8 female to 1/4 male stereo adaptor which costs about 8 bucks

Attachments

• Picture 104.jpg
    Picture 104.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 572
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 557
I'm lookin in to going wireless soon, and have came up with some options. The Auvio 33-284 wireless earbuds, the AubiCom WST- kit, the Britelink Bluetooth audio transmitter, and the TaoTronics TT-BA01 wireless bluetooth stero audio dongle.

The Auvio's are on clearance at Radio Shack.

The last two are just the transmitter, so would have to have a bluetooth ear piece or bluetooth phones with bluetooth receiver.

I am just researching at the moment and do not have any wireless setup at this time, but would like more info on other available setups.

be careful because the auvio earbuds have poor battery life and from what i heard they also have delay, some blue tooth also have delay (lag)

I have tried about all of them and my favorite is the Jolly Rogers made by DetectorPro http://www.detectorpro.com/jollyrogers.htm You can find them for around $70.00 brand new. These have been the best sounding and the most comfortable for my noggin. The Auvio wireless are nice but I didn't find them all that comfortable, not much padding on the top part that rests on your head and believe it or not I actually missed the coiled cord. Used coiled corded headphones for so long that makes it hard to change.

I just got a set of these for use in warmer weather, they are called Sonic Elegance Hi-Fi Over-the-Ear Headphone http://www.amazon.com/Brand-Sonic-Elegance-Hi-Fi-Headphone/dp/B005OZOC7S very comfortable,sound great,nice long cord with volume control. Got them for alittle less than $15.00 shipped brand new. Would of preferred a coiled cord but the cord is fairly heavy duty.

Elegant design and great sound quality are the hallmarks of these inexpensive headphones! The over-the-ear design of these headphones allows maximum sound penetration and noise isolation. The earpieces are padded for comfort. The long 87" heavy-duty cord has a gold-plated 3.5 mm stereo plug and features an inline volume control. They feature a whopping 116 dB sensitivity level and a 40 mm driver unit, allowing them to reproduce even the softest musical notes. The headband features over 3 inches of vertical adjustment, so they will fit everyone in the family!

Attachments

• 83251.jpg
    83251.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 480
  • 83253.jpg
    83253.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 489
I'm fixing to get some new headphones too, I can't seem to decide between the gray ghost or killer B's.... :hmmm:

Garrett phones...

What about machines like the AT Pro, that have a special 2 pin headphone plug. Are there wireless headphones available for it? Looks like most have the 1/4" standard plug...

Back
Top Bottom