mail

stinger

Elite Member
been waiting for at/pro said it out for delivery today got the mail but no detector have signature confirmation but no notice but still out for delivery what do you think?

been waiting for at/pro said it out for delivery today got the mail but no detector have signature confirmation but no notice but still out for delivery what do you think?

Was it being delivered by the USPS or by UPS or Fed-Ex ?

It's very rare, but I have had at least one time where there must have been a substitute UPS (or Fed-Ex or USPS, I don't remember which for sure) driver who left my package at the wrong address by mistake, but that would be hard to do with a signature needed.

If it still says "out for delivery" it might be okay, but if you see "delivered" and you didn't get it I'd get on the phone with the delivery company asap.

Last edited:
Check the tracking and call the post office. On multiple occasions packages said "out for delivery" but when I called the post office it was received there but after the delivery vehicle left for the day.

Seems would not be delivered at this time, guess if shows delivered then a obvious concearn....here in Canada CPC we get the usual notice of pick up at local post outlet the next day if we miss the truck drivers.

Saturday was a holiday, so the mail is "heavy" today (much more than normal). Should be delivered today, unless your mailman is lazy and didn't attempt it. Sometimes as mentioned above, packages come in past dispatch time and they are scanned out for delivery and your mailman has already left. In cases like that it will be delivered tomorrow.

I don't know if delivery drivers everywhere immediately do a "delivered" scan right after they drop off a package, but ours does, I had times when I'd have the tracking page on my computer and occasionally "refresh" the page and see it listed as delivered a few minutes before and step outside and there it was.

Of course in your instance they should be knocking on your door (or ringing the doorbell) since a signature is required.

I used to work for ups back in the day. Out for delivery means they will be there sometime today.
Ps... I've had a delivery for a lady stuck in Beijing since October 30th.. ems express delivery

I had a package that was out for delivery yesterday morning. Mail ran and no package. I was a bit concerned when about 7pm yesterday I got the email that said that the package was delivered. The package was in the mail box. I don't now if mu usual carrier forgot it or some one else delivered the package late yesterday evening.

Let me just throw a few things out here since the holidays are quickly approaching. Pretty much all couriers are hiring for seasonal help right now, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, and even Amazon.

Things are going to effect package delivery, snow and ice probably for the most part. Temp hires who aren't trained very well - misdeliver sometimes, and we all make mistakes even the regular people.

A few days ago on our local news during some heavy rain, a whole USPS transport trailer crashed and spilled it's entire load all over a major highway here. They had to shut down the entire highway to collect it, no doubt all of it got soaked, some was probably ran over and damaged or destroyed. It happens, but not often. 2 weeks ago UPS delivered a package to my house at 11:30pm, we were asleep but the dogs barking woke us up and sure enough....we saw the driver was hoping back in his truck after leaving a package on our porch. 11:30 at night is still within "the same day" it said it would be delivered. A month ago Amazon delivered one of our packages, 7 doors down. Thankfully our neighbor read the address correctly, and brought it down to us.

As far as specific USPS, if you ship or expect a package...pay the extra for tracking. It's not much extra if not already included in the postage price. Another thing, Priority Mail 1,2 or 3 day and First Class has NO guarantee on delivery date, it's just an estimate but it does include tracking and is insured automatically for $100. If you need anything above that, you can insure for more specifically at an added cost. Also, if you need or want it faster or a guaranteed arrival date/time...use Express Mail. It is Guaranteed by a date and time or fully refundable.

Just a few heads up as we approach the busy season, if you plan on sending/receiving packages. Try to have a little patience also, with the way the internet has taken over sales...we are all delivering many more common "store items" so package volume has exploded. Even such things as paper towels and toilet paper are being shipped and delivered now through all couriers, along with all the normal things we deliver everyday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom