finding a place to MD in pinal county

huntingdog

]Hello everyone, this is my first time on here and I come to you because I have always wanted to have a metal detector and I finally got one last year. It is a starter MD but you have to start somewhere right? Anyway I have found out how hard it is to find areas to use your MD, so other than my own backyard I have not taken it out yet for fear of getting into trouble being in the wrong spot. I live in San Tan Valley in Arizona, it is in between Florence and Queen Creek and I was wondering if anyone knows of any places out here where I can start using my MD? Looking at all the sites like blm, state land, and federal land became a bit confusing.

thank you

Thanks but I have been trying to look for info for the past year hahaha, well I will check it out thank you for the info, seems like if you are not in a club you run into dead ends, and being new maybe I am not putting in the right words to find what I am looking for.

I'm in San Tan as well - have you had any luck?

Kind of an old message, but I'm in the same boat. Live in San Tan, and unsure where to go. Just curious if you've had any luck since your post. Thanks, Bill

Minelab X-Terra 705

Kind of an old message, but I'm in the same boat. Live in San Tan, and unsure where to go. Just curious if you've had any luck since your post. Thanks, Bill

Minelab X-Terra 705

Like above, try your own yard first so you can get used to the detector and good at digging and covering back nicely. Then check out you local city (parks and recreation) ordinances online. If it specifically doesn't say "no metal detecting", then you're good. It might say things like deface, uproot, damage, destroy, preserve, blah-blah-blah... okay, so don't pee on any brushes and go swinging!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom