The Final Say: Equinox 800

TheCoilist

Elite Member
So, what’s the final word. Is the Equinox 800 worth it?

Yes? No? And 120 characters or less, why? Lol

I am torn on whether to grab one up being an AT Pro user. I still find goodies with the ATP. I need the nudge!

So, what’s the final word. Is the Equinox 800 worth it?

Yes? No? And 120 characters or less, why? Lol

I am torn on whether to grab one up being an AT Pro user. I still find goodies with the ATP. I need the nudge!

The AT Pro is a great detector, but the Equinox outclasses it across the board. Recovery speed alone is worth the upgrade.

The AT Pro is a great detector, but the Equinox outclasses it across the board. Recovery speed alone is worth the upgrade.

Interesting. I was thinking noise cancelation abilities would be the most valuable difference. I was at the family farm this past weekend and the electric fence was causing serious chatter on the ATP

Interesting. I was thinking noise cancelation abilities would be the most valuable difference. I was at the family farm this past weekend and the electric fence was causing serious chatter on the ATP

The Equinox can still have it's lunch eaten by EMI. The bonus is if it did you can drop to a single frequency and quiet it up. I've only had to do that once though in about 150 hours of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from the ATP to the Nox 600 and am quite happy with the decision. I will say this, I wish there was a coil similar to the 5X8 on the ATP as the 11 is a bit nose heavy and the 6 is a little small. It does take some time to get used to but not too bad. 600 vs 800 I'd go 600. Unless you REALLY need to fine tune your detector setup 600 is fine.

BCD

P.S. Way more than 120 char. Sorry. :laughing:

Okay,,

Weight......6 characters.

Speed.......5 characters

Price.........5 characters

EMI..........3 characters

Mineral......7 characters

Robust tone....10 characters

6” coil.......6 characters

Waterproof....8 characters

Updatable.....8 characters

Depth.......5 characters

Versatility....11 characters

Wireless headphone capable....23 characters

Menu......4 characters

Screen readability...17 characters

Total of 118 characters.

2 characters to spare.

Way too early for a "final say" in my opinion but I sold my atpro and etrac and my ctx has done nothing but collect dust since I started using my equinox.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It SE devil dirt it zeros in on targets better, unmasks better in iron and it might go deeper than any other detector I have tried here.
I have had few issues with EMI even in severe saturated sites.

It does most of these things even better with the 6" coil...I have not even done the upgrade yet.

I have both the 600 and the 800 Equinox. I also have an AT PRO which mostly stays home in the corner these days. All three are good machines for my type of hunting ( dirt digging ). I do love my Nox 800 with the little 6" coil. It's a killer on coin shooting. If I had to choose just one, I'd pick the 800 Equinox. Just my opinion. I have no ties to either Minelab or Garrett. There is no such thing as a perfect machine and a detectorist must learn their machine, bottom line.

I have both the 600 and the 800 Equinox. I also have an AT PRO which mostly stays home in the corner these days. All three are good machines for my type of hunting ( dirt digging ). I do love my Nox 800 with the little 6" coil. It's a killer on coin shooting. If I had to choose just one, I'd pick the 800 Equinox. Just my opinion. I have no ties to either Minelab or Garrett. There is no such thing as a perfect machine and a detectorist must learn their machine, bottom line.

My Pro mostly stays at home too.
The Nox is a bit of a challenge compared to the Pro but its worth it.
I am happy I have a high end detector now.

I think everyone who purchased a nox will be a bit biased.... Ive never owned a "bad" detector (except my kids bounty hunter jr which is the worst lol) very happy with the 600. Its a keeper for sure and fun to use. Price is good, features are great, and i just did an update on mine which I didnt realize it could do.

I've owned bad and over hyped (by the manufacturer) detectors, and a few that i felt were overrated. The Nox is very good for my environment, mainly low to mid conductors.

I think everyone who purchased a nox will be a bit biased.... Ive never owned a "bad" detector (except my kids bounty hunter jr which is the worst lol) very happy with the 600. Its a keeper for sure and fun to use. Price is good, features are great, and i just did an update on mine which I didnt realize it could do.

Living in Fla A water machine is needed, I finely bought one the nox 600 and now Im happy and at a price my wife can agree with. One Happy couple.

Okay,,

Weight......6 characters.

Speed.......5 characters

Price.........5 characters

EMI..........3 characters

Mineral......7 characters

Robust tone....10 characters

6” coil.......6 characters

Waterproof....8 characters

Updatable.....8 characters

Depth.......5 characters

Versatility....11 characters

Wireless headphone capable....23 characters

Menu......4 characters

Screen readability...17 characters

Total of 118 characters.

2 characters to spare.

:laughing: love the response.... genius!

My Equinox has my CTX and Excalibur gathering dust. Both still have uses but for 99% of my hunts now, the EQX is doing everything the others did, but lighter, faster and cheaper.

I have owned a bad detector. I never got behind my etrac enough to like it and sold it. Got an AT Pro and had greater successes. Purchased a 3030 when they came out and the machine was bad bad bad. Turned out to be faulty control module. But sold it at a fair price as I didn’t want to hassle with faulty modules on a machine.

So minelab hasn’t treated me well in the past, hence the reason for my opinion seeking.

I see a lot of people saying 600 over 800, but I like the idea of more. Lol I use my excal for my water hunts and now that I am no longer on the gulf coast, but closer to the Great Lakes, any beaches won’t be salty so this machine needs to handle freshwater beaches.

For the price I think the Equinox is quite a detector. I have the 600. I replaced the cam shafts and added wireless headphones. It does a good job.

I agree and may also do the same. Otherwise it'd be "let me tell you how stupid I was to buy the Nox." LOL.

Regardless, a quote from the famous guitarist Chet Atkins comes to mind. After hearing him play, someone once told Chet Atkins, "Man, that guitar sure sounds good!" Chet set the guitar down on a chair and asked him, "Ok, how does it sound now?"

Haven’t price checked, but isn’t a 600 plus wireless headphones the same price as an 800? Which has more features and wireless phones already?

Back
Top Bottom