Lost My Wedding Ring

musicnut1986

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I just got home from an audit sight and realized I wasn't wearing my wedding ring. Instant heart attack. I frantically searched my pockets, my car and my computer bag while my wife gave me the stink eye. I've worn that ring for 32 years and to me it represents my marriage to my wife.

After some thought to its whereabouts I determined it had to be in the trash in the mens room I used just before I left at the end of the day. At the last second when I left to go to work this morning I grabbed some latex gloves and my Whites pinpointer. After the receptionist could not locate the cleaning crew supervisor to get permission to search the trash I just went to the mens room and proceeded to dump one of the two trash cans onto the middle of the floor. I was lucky that the trash had not been picked up yet. The Whites ended up giving a lot of false signals due to the metal under the floor but did help in eliminating some of the trash where it did not give a signal. I just had to search the wet wadded paper towels where it did give a signal. I was half way through searching the second trash can and ignoring the stares of guys coming into the room when I heard the sound of metal hitting the tile and there it was. After using copious amounts of hand sanitizer on it I am now wearing my ring again. My Whites pinpointer seriously cut down my search time so I am glad I thought to bring it with me. I will now have to remember to be more careful when washing my hands.

Maybe my wife will stop telling me that she thinks I lost it on purpose.

Dude awesome that you were able to find it and that they hadn't emptied the trash!!!

I lost my wedding ring once, took me 1/2 a day or so to even realize it was not on my finger. Earlier I had been out in the forest cutting firewood. It was wet out. I had taken my gloves off numerous times out in the middle of nowhere forest. I worried I had lost it out there and would never find it. On a whim, I checked my leather gloves that were hanging near the wood stove, BINGO! Stuck in the finger of the glove.... PHEW.

So I know that feeling when you're wedding ring is GONE! Not a good feeling.

Congrats on getting it back!

I lost mine years ago falling asleep on a plane on a business trip.

replaced it and to this day I NEVER wear it when detecting.. I tell my wife I don't want some guy like me finding it years from now 3 inches deep somewhere.. well not to mention it does mess with my pin pointer when searching a hand full of hard baked mud.

:wow2: Congrats on the recovery and the "return"! :laughbounce: That was quite the search... thank the Lord you found it, though!

Back
Top Bottom