Unbelievable Two Hour Hunt - 11 Silver Coins

pballwiz

My previous record of 5 silvers got crushed last evening.
Had two hours of daylight to hunt and I definitely made the most of my time!

Found these with my e-Trac and 13" ultimate coil.

This is going to be a hard one for me to top.
Curious as to what others have had in regards to most silver coins in one hunt?

Attachments

• 20180918_201538.jpg
    20180918_201538.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 769
Wow that’s a lot of silver from a single hunt! Was that all from one spot? Private property?

Really nice haul!!! Is this public space or private property??? My best hunt ever was 7 silver's, but 2 were walking liberty halves, and they were all found in one ballfield. Congrats!

....Curious as to what others have had in regards to most silver coins in one hunt?

You mean for turf ? If so, that's a fast pace. I know a guy who had 25 silver coins in a single turf hunt (and 75-ish wheaties). But I'm sure it was in more time than "2 hrs."

I had 46 silver coins (and over 100 wheaties) in ... probably ..... 2 hrs (and even a $2.50 gold as well). But that was probably "cheating", since ....... it was beach erosion where mother-nature does a lot of the work for you, arranging all the targets on neat lines on the beach :cool:

That’s a great hunt! The most silver I have found in a day is 8 or 9. I found 36 wheaties in a yard once and only 1 merc! Ha lol. Nice job!

best for me is 6 silver coins in 1 hunt. Did that a few times. Never broken 6 and never found more than 1 gold in a hunt either :(

Wow that’s a lot of silver from a single hunt! Was that all from one spot? Private property?
Yes and yes

Really nice haul!!! Is this public space or private property??? My best hunt ever was 7 silver's, but 2 were walking liberty halves, and they were all found in one ballfield. Congrats!
Private Property

You mean for turf ? If so, that's a fast pace. I know a guy who had 25 silver coins in a single turf hunt (and 75-ish wheaties). But I'm sure it was in more time than "2 hrs."

I had 46 silver coins (and over 100 wheaties) in ... probably ..... 2 hrs (and even a $2.50 gold as well). But that was probably "cheating", since ....... it was beach erosion where mother-nature does a lot of the work for you, arranging all the targets on neat lines on the beach :cool:

Turf. There is no Surf in Cleveland!

My best is 1 [emoji22]

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

My dad and I once got $5 face in silver coins. Might have been more than 2 hours, but not much longer. Just about all the coins were on or near 1 baseball diamond. Probably most were quarter or half, and nearly all within 2" of the surface. There were lots of popcorn boxes on the ground in that area. I had been trying far from there on the football field & got nothing.

It was a small town well over 100 miles from the nearest metro area. Also, I should mention it was about 40 years ago. Now it's been years since I found a silver coin, so congrats to those who can still do it.

Great job. That's a haul. My best is 10 silver coins and one sterling ring all from a small grass strip near a public park. I pulled probably 20 silver coins from that little area. Including a barber quarter and multiple barber dimes. Can't believe the area had been overlooked by everyone.

... Also, I should mention it was about 40 years ago. ....

Love those old-days nostalgia stories :)

There were some guys here in CA, that .... during the 1982-83 storms, had 100 and up silver coins, in a single day. One of which, that I know, had an entire week (or 5 days straight or whatever), where every day was no less than 100 silver coins. Total coin counts were 500 to 800-ish. Essentially ..... as fast as you could dig. Needless to say, the silver was probably worthless black salt kissed, haha

Back
Top Bottom