My AT Pro goes nuts?

DCCraftsman

I hunt a local park near my house. I have had many occasions where my AT Pro just goes nuts! The tones and display are all over the board? I have noticed that the park has a fair amount of areas that seem to have some back-fill that is like cinders? Small black rocks almost like lava rock that came with gas grills back in the day. No overhead or buried power lines as far as I can tell. Or... a electronics issue with the detector??? I would like to hear your thoughts, thanks. :?:

I have a theory that not all coal cinders are created equal. I have hunted home sites and found where they dumped the cinders and I can work it without much interference, but a local park that has cinder fill is unworkable. I think the fill in the park could be industrial fly ash contaminated with all kinds of metals or maybe ash from the cities trash incinerator.

industrial cinders

I have a theory that not all coal cinders are created equal. I have hunted home sites and found where they dumped the cinders and I can work it without much interference, but a local park that has cinder fill is unworkable. I think the fill in the park could be industrial fly ash contaminated with all kinds of metals or maybe ash from the cities trash incinerator.

yeah, and you probably would not want to dig in those cinders with industrial waste in them. Probably a lot of toxic metals and metal processing byproducts.

Great info thank you!

The AT Pro hates cell phone towers and trying to MD around them is impossible.
We also have a park which is impossible to detect because the City Police and the Parks Department Headquarters have the base station for their two way radios located there and the signals drive the AT Pro crazy
Also, it is really common to use deconstruction fill dirt to level and landscape parks. This dirt has bits and pieces of metal, and worse of all, deteriorated screen wire.
The rust balls left by old rotten screens and steel wool, along with rusted machine shop filings will give ghost signals and can ruin a good hunt.

AT Pro/GPP-AT/Fiskars Diggers

Don't know if it will help in your specific situation, but you can try to change frequencies on your AT Pro and it may reduce the interference noise. It's worth a shot

Back
Top Bottom