Is it me or are there a lot of GTI's on TV?

dgerst

My family and I like to watch archeology type shows. Expedition Unknown, America Unearthed, etc. Sure seems to be quite a few GTI 2500's being used. Even when Garrett is clearly not paying (name is fogged out sometimes). I know they're a pretty deep machine but heavy and not particularly fast. Probably wouldn't be my first choice to backpack to a remote location with. Just has me curious.

Garrett detectors have been used by Police and other security firms. The GTi 2500 is very powerful in all metal mode. And has industrial, treasure hunting uses when hooked up Eagle Eye Multiplier. Maybe why your seeing them on TV shows.

Attachments

• 2500-package-1120530.jpg
    2500-package-1120530.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 472
It is eye catching, photographs well and looks impressive on TV.

Shots of the multi colors on the screen peeks interest.

It is eye catching, photographs well and looks impressive on TV.

Shots of the multi colors on the screen peeks interest.

Yep ..Stage Prop! just like our gear is! Stage Props!...example: folks see a lone old man wandering around in the park, hanging out by the playground? Oh, He's some harmless old detectorist or a weed wacker guy! see?!:laughing:

The World is a Stage and a guy needs a good Prop to play his part!

Doesn’t seem like anyone on either of those shows knows what the hell they’re doing with it...and I’m not expecting Josh Gates to come up with any new historical revelations. He could be using a turd on a pole and it’d be about the same result.

This is known as a "2 box locator". I have a few non screen 2 box locators that work very well for what I use them for. With the monitor showing you what is below, This MD is the closest thing to GPR then having GPR.

If someone gave this to me to try, I'd use it!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I've come close to pulling the trigger on a two box machine more than once. Particularly a Discovery Electronics TF-900 or early Whites TM800 series. They have a "cave mode" which purportedly can find underground voids. I think it basically locates large areas of reduced mineralization. Would be interesting try in the canyon country in my area. Can't really justify its purchase as few times as it would get used though. Still interesting that so many of those GTI's show up on TV, and most are running a concentric. I think I remember seeing a two box coil on one episode. Can't remember which show.

Last edited:
Yep ..Stage Prop! just like our gear is! Stage Props!...example: folks see a lone old man wandering around in the park, hanging out by the playground? Oh, He's some harmless old detectorist or a weed wacker guy! see?!:laughing:

The World is a Stage and a guy needs a good Prop to play his part!
Old man wandering around the parks in UK wpuld prob be called. Paedophile..lol.

Matt.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom