• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

!!!??

I guess I may just be a bit outgoing. I would've kept detecting and looked for any opportunity to possibly enlighten someone else on what this hobby is about. The fact that they may be a detectorist as well would be an added bonus!

I guess I didnt make it as clear as I should have when I said he "snubbed" my friendly "good morning" gesture. I was backing away from the kids area so they would feel comfortable; I'll do that everytime. I'm talking about in the sawdust area next to swings. I walked right past him with my gear when I told him good morning. He seen my gear and didn't strike up a conversation with me and that was before he grabbed his gear out of his car. To me, that tells me he didn't want a friendly conversation about detecting. I'm greatful for all the comments about what I should have done different and how friendly this guy was without the true insight of actually being there....slightly sarcastic. It just felt awkward and I think I just wanted to vent to people that understand where I'm coming from.

Very cool of you to give this guy and his kids some space. Unfortunately though, not all detectorists are friendly. His loss!

Keith

Clearly the other guy was being unfriendly and possibly selfish wanting to detect alone. He could have struck up a conversation about detecting. There are a lot of people that don't want to be around others. He was one of them. He should have asked you if he could join you in detecting. So his behavior was lacking, not yours.

Clearly the other guy was being unfriendly and possibly selfish wanting to detect alone. He could have struck up a conversation about detecting. There are a lot of people that don't want to be around others. He was one of them. He should have asked you if he could join you in detecting. So his behavior was lacking, not yours.

:roll:

Back
Top Bottom