my first

JEBar

we just got back from visiting my folks who live in the mountains of western NC ... the land around their home, which was built in 1965, has never been gone over with a detector ... I took my DFX and over the weekend I collectively spent about 6 hours going over their property .... the first thing I noticed was they have amazingly little trash; in fact, I'd bet that well over half of their lot yielded no hits whatsoever .... most of my finds were things like various rifle/pistol shell casings (from my younger days), nails around the base of the house (most likely from when the shingles were replaced several years ago), assorted bolts/nuts/washers/screws, pull tabs, etc. .... for the veterans here, this will not mean much but the one and only coin I found was a wheat ... it carries a 195? date, is in very poor shape but it is most definitely a wheat .... being my first, I really got excited about finding it

Jim

thanks for the kind words and support .... we will most certainly keep looking, just don't get the opportunity to get up there as often as we would like

Jim

Back
Top Bottom