My new detector came today!!!

TrollHunter

Quest Q40 came today. The build quality is fantastic and the ergonomics are top notch. I took it for a quick spin to a very old park that was hunted out years ago because the kiddos wanted to come along and play. It seemed to perform well although I forgot how much DDs love bottle caps.

Mostly trash was dug tonight but I did have one strange find I need some help identifying. It seems to be lead or something similar. Let me know what you think.

2d2ae4edba7f1831fe04230b52d1b342.jpg

efba92b9524f77847f10371d5ffca5aa.jpg

d7c637369fd69c1ca9c6c2cb9db69286.jpg
55ec432d857daee7c3a9203ca948edc8.jpg

a1ba5293d7ca4d0fa979712ec92af43a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is fun getting a new detector! I think I’m in for a bit of a learning curve though, I have been using a Tesoro for the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a good thing, learning with a Tesoro. Sound first always, even with a detector that has TID. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

That screen looks pretty sweet and crisp.
Over time, keep giving us your thoughts on it.
A lot of machines get little fan-fare,
and this is one of them.

Congrats on the new machine. I just got a Deteknix (quest) xpointer and I really like it.

Almost like a kid at Christmas

I have bought two new detectors in the last three years. AT Pro was three years ago and the Equinox 800 in March of this year. (sure was easy to learn the AT Pro).

Almost like the Ralphie character in Christmas Story movie waiting for his Red Rider BB Gun. I remember my first BB gun, an old hand me down pump. You could pour down a hole pack of BB's in that sucker. Loved it.

Back in the day boys got BB guns before their first .22 or shotgun. Of course I was raised in the deep south in Perry, GA and you had to have those guns just like all your friends. This was before NRA, terrorists and anti-gun people. And you know what? We never had mass shootings back then. The worse we has was someone accidently getting shot. Times have changed.

Back
Top Bottom