Hurricane Sandy-Please Check In!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
The storm is huge and shows NC and VA are starting to see big affects. As it passes please report in and tell us how you are doing! I am really concerned myself. I just watched the latest reports and the hurricane winds (cat 1) will be across about 10 states to include many of you guys who post here. It is huge.

If you can safely take photos or videos and post here I would love to see them. Max, you are not going fishing. Maybe you can show us a video? Thanks to you all. Be safe and be ready.

ya been keeping a eye on it not as worried until it gets closer but i do have family in md thats what im more worried about at the moment

I'm in North Jersey about 15 miles west of NYC. The storm will be here sometime tonight or tomorrow. I spent yesterday getting ready, bought lamp oil and got stuff put away outside. They're saying at least 2 inches of rain and wind from 45-75 MPH. I guess the river will flood again(5th time in three years). Right now we're just waiting to get hit.

We are actually gettign some of the wind from the northern tip of sandy already in massachusetts...that is one big storm

I live on the water (canal) here on Long Island. The tide was higher than normal this morning. Everyone on the canal moved all our boats to the center of the canal and tied them off there to weather the storm. I am not concerend about water getting into the house. First floor elevation is +9'. Just sitting here waiting to see what happens.

sandy1--621x414.jpg

resize.jpg

North Carolina this morning..
Were still here so far so good. A little wash-over on the Outer Banks with Hatteras being closed. South of Cape Look Out, looks OK with a little beach erosion going on for now. Some of the southern sounds are experiencing some flooding with rain and winds pushing hard against the Pamico sound and building up water.

Been windy & cloudy all day. Any leaves that were on the trees will probably be gone.

They've already canceled school for Mon & Tues. So far I might have to go to work tomorrow but will have to call in later to see if we're closed.

Hang in there folks & be safe!

My son lives in Lewes DE. About a quarter mile from the beach. Said the surf is already huge. Hasn't even hit yet. He's waiting to find out if he's got to evacuate, he's on slightly higher ground in Pilot Town Village. Good news however, soon as it's over, I'm heading down there for a few days to swing over coin beach.
Anyone that's ever been there, where would you recomend heading? I've always heard the beach just north of Indian River Inlet is best. I just started swinging so I'm hoping for some old coins. I've also heard that the area just below Roosevelt inlet is good after a blow like this. Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Wow, I thought it just finished passing us in Florida, still strong winds. Took tw full days to get past Florida. Didn't see any major damage, just small tree branches, twigs, leaves everywhere. I'm a good ways inland, so really didn't expect even that. You guys right on the coast should spend what time you have getting ready, make sure you have enough beer for a couple of days. I didn't stop off after work, parking lot was kind of packed and busy, typical panic shoppers, buying a month worth of bottled water and toilet paper (guess Halloween will be messy).

I'm here in Maryland, i live very close to Ocean City which is right on the shore line. I expect it to get pretty bad here, so i been preparing for the worst. Got lights and food, stuff like that. The weather channel has been saying there are going to be a very lot of power outages, and our power can be out for 3-7 days...right now it's raining pretty bad and really windy, but that's it for now. Good luck and stay safe!!!

Wow, I thought it just finished passing us in Florida, still strong winds. Took tw full days to get past Florida. Didn't see any major damage, just small tree branches, twigs, leaves everywhere. I'm a good ways inland, so really didn't expect even that. You guys right on the coast should spend what time you have getting ready, make sure you have enough beer for a couple of days. I didn't stop off after work, parking lot was kind of packed and busy, typical panic shoppers, buying a month worth of bottled water and toilet paper (guess Halloween will be messy).

Your right its spinning off of Hatteras right now. beach erosion is getting worse by the hour. If I were north of VA. I'd be looking for higher ground. I think this ones, going to be a lot worse, than what a lot of people are thinking !!...

Don't take any unnecessary Chances, "be safe"!!!

In Jacksonville we are still having sand blowing winds. The surf is 9" and the surfers are loving it. Damn brave guys. The low tide is still half way up to the dunes. The dunes have been eroded pretty bad, finding lots of coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom