You guys got it so easy!! (water hunting)

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
The other night, targets were few and hard to find..

So I decided to try my hand at making my first posted video ever..

This is what I have to do to get to targets in the water...

20 inches, 10 seconds....

The music came from my radio, I leaned my phone against my radio to record..

<*)))>{

You already have my vote for Hard core when I seen your frozen detector and waders....Now this..I'm not sure what to call it....Maybe Crazy?

Awesome ! I need one of those power augers , this thick ice is a real workout with the ones powered by only elbow grease :lol:

You seriously used an auger to retrieve targets.

There are not many instances in which I'd rather stay inside than detect but this is one of them.

Man what a great idea.:digginahole: I'm off to the Pawn shop. If I can find one in FL it's mine. Sould work great in the wet sand.:laughing:

in florida they call em post hole diggers, not Ice Augers LOL

Dude, seriously? :wow: That type of hunting deserves it's own SECTION on the Forum. Maybe call it "Extreme Detecting"?

I think he was just setting up to jig for Walleyes......:yes:(You Southern guys wouldn't know these things....:lol:)

Hopefully you guys don't have lazy litter bugs up there, that a whole new meaning for another pull tab.

I agree... the only ice they see is in their drinks :yes:

If they see any real ice outside they stay inside for fear of sliding off the ends of the earth. :)
Cmon up southern guys. I'll be more than willing to let ya dig through some snow and slush at the bottom of some sledding hills just to find a few qtrs, dimes and nickels. Hey, If you're real lucky when we go out it will be above 32 degrees and you can dig with your hands as the snow will be melting. :laughing:

Man, Ice, that is CRAZY! And everyone around here thought I was nuts for retrieving 3-ringers from frozen ground with a hammer & chisel. You get my MOST DEDICATED vote.

NO way did he dig a hole thru 20" of ice to get a target. He is after the elusive walleye!!!

Maybe I need a drysuit and cut a hole in the ice and detect with a camera? LOL NOTTTTTTTTTTT

I think he was just setting up to jig for Walleyes......:yes:(You Southern guys wouldn't know these things....:lol:)

I agree... the only ice they see is in their drinks :yes:

NO way did he dig a hole thru 20" of ice to get a target. He is after the elusive walleye!!!

You guys got it...

:dingding:

My targets are panfish!!

I made the video just to see if I could make a video and post it...

Good luck to all of ya!!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom