Cabin Fever

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
A beach hunter's nightmare. Even the 'dry sand' is covered with snow and frozen solid. When I hear the FL and CA hunters grouse about not finding much, all I can do is groan. Count your blessings! I'm just hoping that spring arrives before the 4th of July....

Foiled

Attachments

• View1.jpg
    View1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 332
  • View2.jpg
    View2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 312
same situation here. and several of our earlier storms came as rain, then below freezing, then tons of snow on top of that frozen ground.
and... even more snow tonight/tomorrow (3 or 4 inches), snow or rain Wednesday. :mad:
my first week of vaca is in June, but if this keeps up i may have to reschedule it for a warmer week, lol. :roll:

edit: went up for a quick flight, added a couple of aerial shots.

Attachments

• GOPR8919.jpg
    GOPR8919.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 295
  • GOPR8992.jpg
    GOPR8992.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
That looks like detecting weather to me! A few well planned layers of clothing and rubber boots make for quite the comfortable afternoon.:lol: There gotta be some low spots to hit with gold within reach. I hear Wednesday is supposed to hit the 40's, maybe a 'sick day' is in the cards. *cough cough*:D

A beach hunter's nightmare. Even the 'dry sand' is covered with snow and frozen solid. When I hear the FL and CA hunters grouse about not finding much, all I can do is groan. Count your blessings! I'm just hoping that spring arrives before the 4th of July....

Foiled
OH MY! I sure hope that's gone by May as we are headed there for a week.:shock::shock:

Same here in Maryland...just not safe to venture into...

Attachments

• OBN0374 (2).jpg
    OBN0374 (2).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 288
That looks like detecting weather to me! A few well planned layers of clothing and rubber boots make for quite the comfortable afternoon.:lol: There gotta be some low spots to hit with gold within reach. I hear Wednesday is supposed to hit the 40's, maybe a 'sick day' is in the cards. *cough cough*:D

I'm sure the low spots are there, I just don't want to hack through a foot of ice to get to them! :hammerin::haha::haha:

It is safe to venture out to my water detecting places. I can actually drive over the places I dive the ice is so thick.

BUT not my idea of having fun. I will wait till August to get warm enough water to dive in this year it looks like.

as I posted in another thread...whiners can move to Florida... :lol:

I was on a beach the other day and all the ice and snow on the slopes is grinding away at them exposing older sand... go out there and hunt... :D

They upped the snowfall totals to 4 to 8 and I am very happy :yes:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=208918

Craig, you've got to be kidding of course. There's NO way to hunt here -- nada, nix, zilch. The ice may be grinding away at the sand but it's crumpled up 2-4 feet thick and nobody's getting through that (even if you want to come up and volunteer your truck :lol::lol:). The pictures don't even begin to show how bad it is.

same situation here. and several of our earlier storms came as rain, then below freezing, then tons of snow on top of that frozen ground.
and... even more snow tonight/tomorrow (3 or 4 inches), snow or rain Wednesday. :mad:
my first week of vaca is in June, but if this keeps up i may have to reschedule it for a warmer week, lol. :roll:

edit: went up for a quick flight, added a couple of aerial shots.

Great pics! Looks nasty now but I bet it's beautiful in the summer.

You made me feel guilty Foiled. At least I can see the sand. Hope you have warm weather soon.
DD

Thanks DD. It's nice to have somebody's shoulder to cry on. :lol:

Now I feel bad. :( :lol:

Oh yah, I can feel your pain. :laughing:

OH MY! I sure hope that's gone by May as we are headed there for a week.:shock::shock:

Doesn't look too good unless we can break out of this jetstream pattern. We need a chinook! :iwish: :sun:

Great pics! Looks nasty now but I bet it's beautiful in the summer.

thanks! :D
excuse the fish eye effect, that cam is set at a 170 degree wide angle for stills and can't be changed.
where the bay was only half frozen in the pic yesterday, it actually froze the rest of the way overnight, lol.
during the summer months, this bay is a favorite area for the boaters and sailors! i've spent LOTS of time out there too, zooming around and fishing, etc. i wish i still had a boat so i could detect some of those islands. speaking of which, the land mass to the top right (unfortunately quite "curved" there in the pic) is the famed Oak Island. :yes:
i don't wanna hijack your thread, but if you want to see a similar pics with everything "green" and blue water instead of ice, i've got dozens upon dozens of photos, lol. :lol:

Pete

Thanks Pete. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple pics of 'better days'. Be sure to point out the hot detecting spots! :yes:

Here is a pic I took just before climbing over that snow bank to the beach. I would think there's gotta be a beach with open wet sand at low tide available. I notice the inner harbors/waterways around here are frozen up good, you gotta get out to the open ocean.

20150222_171704.jpg

Back
Top Bottom