• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Skyrocketing gas prices!

Yup, got to pay for all that free stuff somehow.

Here in Kansas it's $2.55 and we have the highest taxes in the state.

I think Detector hit the "nail on the head" with that statement! Here in Houston I paid around 2.60 per gallon but that was at Shell whom here are usually the highest.

So you think your fuel prices are high, try $8+ per gallon, and that's come down from last year.

Just one of the reasons I run a 900cc 3 cylinder car also the environmental tax (engine emissions) is much lower for running a smaller engine car.

PS. The U.K. Government adds a tax on top of a tax for each gallon of fuel!

Doug, what do you drive? Sounds like my Vw Up!

It is a Peugeot 107.

Peugeot /Citreon/Toyota, all the same car just with a different badge, they all have the Toyota engine and all made by Toyota, slightly different inside depending on model.

The VW range of cars are very expensive in England.

$1.85 in Springfield, Mo. I really didn't think we would ever see gas less than $2.00 a gallon My car likes premium gas. I get 30 mpg with premium, 26 with regular.There is just too much math involved to figure out if the higher price is worth the 4 mpg. The increased performance is worth the difference to me. I have been following the MPG closely since I got my Nissan Juke about 4 months ago and have figured out that if the wife drives we get close to 35mpg, if I'm driving and the wife is with me we get around 30,if I'm by myself I get around 25.

I ascribe to Hyper Miler concepts...I find it very satisfying to see how many miles per gal I can wring out of a rig...plus figuring 'cost per mile' all in expenses...

My DD Metal detecting hunting rig is a 2001 Chevy Prism, which of course is a Toyota Corolla...It seems to have a 2 cycle engine that snuck out through the R&D dept? I say this because It burns one quart of oil per 8 gal gas!...so thats a 32:1 mix ratio just like a chainsaw or a weedwacker...The neat thing is, you dont have to premix oil in the gas! It has a little fill hole right on top of the engine, and somehow it self mixes the two like a fancy bass boat motor!

My little Rosie!! ...Yeah, shes ugly and old and slow and half rotten and smokes to be damned and not a Chick magnet or worth a tinkers cuss!..Just like Me! Except She's dependable...:laughing:

This picture was taken in 2014 while we were dating...Like all High School sweethearts, She was pretty good looking back then! ....You should see her Now! Twice as beautiful!...11 cents per mile all in costs!..fuel, oil, tires, insurance, maintenance etc...Less than a dmaned old bicycle!. And, a radio!.. :laughing:

Attachments

• sept 2914.jpg
    sept 2914.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
It's been a while but in some areas of South Carolina we're actually seeing gas prices under $2.00 now, we had to run to Columbia SC (about 25 miles south of where we live) for a dentist appt yesterday and got gas in that area for just $1.91 a gallon even using credit ! if we had paid cash it would have been $1.88 a gallon. Where we live in a small town it's $2.09 a gallon, so we fill up the tank when we do need to travel down to Columbia for something.

low gas prices

Missouri has one of the lowest gas taxes in the nation , we usally get our gas at Costco . Got gas there for $1.79 today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom