Opinion Needed

busytire01

Hi-I would like to get as many opinions as possible concerning the Whites Prizm II. I have this detector but want to learn more and am trying to figure out if I need a better detector.

In my opinion, I started out with a inexspensive radio shack bounty hunter 2200 series learning all I could about just understanding the basics, Tuning my ears on the different sounds that different metals make.
Now I the proud owner of a whites XLT and I'm learning that there's more to learn :yes:.

All in all, It's really getting to know your indivigual machine like you would your best friend.
At this point my XLT is just a good aquaintance :lol:

If you want to learn more about it, get out and start swinging it. The most expensive machine made is no good in the closet.
I like it. It's a coin magnet and the pinpoint is dead on. I have found hundreds of coins with mine since last Nov. I got it because most of the others I have are too heavy for me now,except the PI.
pop

Hi busytire01, in my opinion the Prizm II is just as good or better? than the Ace 250 that everyone is raving about. I traded my Ace 250 in for a Prizm II and have no regrets what so ever. As poptop said the pinpointing is dead on,the target id seems to be very accurate also.It is a very easy machine to operate and alot of fun to use.The more I use my Prizm II the better I like it.If you have a kids park available especially the one's with wood chips (easy diggin)take your Prizm there and give her a try - you will be amazed at how good the little gem of a machine works. Steve.

The Prizm II is a pretty straight forward detector and not much to learn except where to set the disc and sensativity controls. If you're asking because you think you're missing stuff , you probably are. This caliber of detector , although decent , lacks a sophistication that other detectors have . I would suggest you try going back to places you've been and adjusting the controls. Disc turned down will help a bit with depth as well as sens turned up. Remember , if you turn the sens too high thje detector will begin to start to pick up the graound minerals and false or signal a target when none is there. Hope this helps. :yes:

There are better detectors. Do you need a better detector? Only if you are not having enough fun. Rob

I have an ACE250, which is roughly equivilent to a PrizmII or III, and I like it just fine. The only need I feel to upgrade is not to a better land hunting machine, but to get a more specialized detector, like a water machine for salt water, and a 2-box for deeper cache hunting, both of which are not the ACE250s specialty. But as far as general coin shooting in parks, schoolyards, yards or freshwater beaches, the ACE250 and the PrizmII are more than good enough. Good luck!

I own a Prizm III, which is just half a notch above the II, and I love it. Top of the line?...absolutely not, but very adequate anyway, and I have nearly 1,200 coins and a half dozen rings found since Father's Day 2005 to prove it.

I have recently been re-adjusting my discrimination and have been getting better results. I have re-detected areas I thought I had gone over well, but this time with the discrimination turned down one setting lower than the factory default, and the difference has been fantastic, especially finding nickels!

Don't get discouraged. You have a decent machine that just needs a lot of field time with its owner. HH

Harley-Dog is right. To learn the machine better you need to play with the settings and go over places you think are hunted out. If you do this from time to time it will show you just what you were missing with the factory settings. Just remember, the factory settings are a starting point. When you find that you are not finding as much don't be afraid to adjust the machine and hit that same piece of ground like you did the first time. :yes:

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I do need to take it out more. And learn a lot more.:)
j

Well I figured it out. My machine is broken. I sent it out to get fixed and it wotn be back for about a week.When it comes back I can get down to some real detecting

i had a prizm 11 sorry i traded it should have kept it some fools call it a toy bowser i like whites products upgraded to idx pro not sure im doin better good luck

Back
Top Bottom