Just how good of a deal can a sponsor provide?

CJayC

The one thing I've seen in almost every topic that's asking for purchasing advice is to skip the regular retailers and contact the sponsors directly because they'll often provide a better deal than what they are authorized to advertised. That makes perfect sense.

I'll be making a purchase in the next couple of months once the additional funds come in. I know what I want, so I'm not asking for purchasing advice in regards to any particular machine. But as the title of the topic says, I am wondering about how good of a deal the sponsors can actually provide me.

For example, I will most likely be getting this package (or a slight variation for a little bit less that doesn't include the backpack): Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector Bonus Pack with ProPointer AT and Edge Digger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LOUTKT6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_cIqLybDNW9M3R

It comes with everything I want, save for the padded carry bag. Including the free two-day prime shipping, that would cost me around $680 (I get an employee discount), not including any gift cards I may have saved up by then.

So, to those of you who have done previous business with any of the sponsors, do you think any of them could come close to matching this for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
doesn't hurt to ask! i went with big boys, wouldn't have it any other way. killer price, wicked-fast service.

The one thing I've seen in almost every topic that's asking for purchasing advice is to skip the regular retailers and contact the sponsors directly because they'll often provide a better deal than what they are authorized to advertised. That makes perfect sense.

I'll be making a purchase in the next couple of months once the additional funds come in. I know what I want, so I'm not asking for purchasing advice in regards to any particular machine. But as the title of the topic says, I am wondering about how good of a deal the sponsors can actually provide me.

For example, I will most likely be getting this package (or a slight variation for a little bit less that doesn't include the backpack): Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector Bonus Pack with ProPointer AT and Edge Digger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LOUTKT6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_cIqLybDNW9M3R

It comes with everything I want, save for the padded carry bag. Including the free two-day prime shipping, that would cost me around $680 (I get an employee discount), not including any gift card I may have saved up by then.

So, to those of you shave done previous business with any of the sponsors, do you think any of them could come close to matching this for me?

I'd be very careful many Chinese counterfeits out there, I'd suggest buying from someone you know is a dealer, and without looking at the Amazon link you posted, it pretty much has to be MAP pricing and the sponsors here can beat that.

I will say this , you wouldn't believe how good of a deal these fine sponsors can offer you. Contact a few , tell them your issue and I bet they can beat any deal you see on amazon.....or atleast match it if nothing else , and then they will be there for you with any questions or help you might need. Talk to them personally , they are very helpful......but it don't hurt to talk to more than one.....get a little friendly competition going and see who can offer the best deal ;)

I would def call the sponsors and get exactly what you need, and only pay for that. From the link, I see many things that are just bonuses that "while nice" packaged together, are really pretty worthless or not needed. I can't quote sponsors prices but when I checked around somewhat a few months ago to buy my AT Pro...let's just say you could buy the detector and the carrot pinpointer for at least $100 less than this package. Prices on the AT Pro have dropped another $50 or so since then, awaiting the release of the new model from Garrett coming soon, so it's even cheaper now.

The Garrett digger looks decent, but there are better for the same $40.
The hat, well, it is what it is, $10.
The coil cover, $15?
The backpack is pretty neat, but not neccesary and just adds cost, $60.
The Garrett pouch is alright, some like it and others don't, $20.

And everything else listed comes included without the bundle...the batteries, the videos, the carrot sheath, the headphones.

The bundle is good, but not neccesary. I bet a sponsor can beat that bundled price pretty easy with everything it includes. They also can ship free, at least in many cases and they ship FAST!

Plus who's going to steer you or help you out if you run into an issue or problem or have detecting questions? The sponsors here detect themselves and are very interested and knowledgable about our hobby, and provide great service to the members here. Their reputations depend on it. You won't find that anywhere else. Plus their sales keep sponsorship to the forum, which is part of what keeps this place running.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/forum_sponsors.php

A call is not a commitment, can't hurt to try.

I would def call the sponsors and get exactly what you need, and only pay for that. From the link, I see many things that are just bonuses that "while nice" packaged together, are really pretty worthless or not needed. I can't quote sponsors prices but when I checked around somewhat a few months ago to buy my AT Pro...let's just say you could buy the detector and the carrot pinpointer for at least $100 less than this package. Prices on the AT Pro have dropped another $50 or so since then, awaiting the release of the new model from Garrett coming soon, so it's even cheaper now.

The Garrett digger looks decent, but there are better for the same $40.

The hat, well, it is what it is, $10.

The coil cover, $15?

The backpack is pretty neat, but not neccesary and just adds cost, $60.

The Garrett pouch is alright, some like it and others don't, $20.

And everything else listed comes included without the bundle...the batteries, the videos, the carrot sheath, the headphones.

The bundle is good, but not neccesary. I bet a sponsor can beat that bundled price pretty easy with everything it includes. They also can ship free, at least in many cases.

Plus who's going to steer you or help you out if you run into an issue or problem or have detecting questions? The sponsors here detect themselves and are very interested and knowledgable about our hobby, and provide great service to the members here. Their reputations depend on it. You won't find that anywhere else.

A lot of great points that I'm actually finding myself agreeing with. I already have a better digger, for example (the Garrett one would be for my son, actually).

I think what I'll do for now, is go over all the advice as it comes in while thinning out my needs at the same time. I definitely want the coil cover, pointer, and a pouch. I'll also track down some sponsors' contact info and reach out to them.

I really wish there were more details on the upcoming ATP revision, dang it.

It could be out anyday now to a few weeks. More toward spring release, and people are projecting ($800) quite a price difference with it compared to the current AT Series detectors. And no details from Garrett on what all new technology it includes. We'll just have to wait and see, unfortunately.

Search here (top right) for other pouches available to see if any might accommodate you better. I know you don't have much experience to go on for what your needs will be, but other members have done reviews on several and can give you ideas of what you might like/need.

There are also a lot of different diggers too. I use the White's digger, but it can turn some heads if other people are near when I'm detecting. I want to get a raptor 31c, because it's quite a bit more inconspicuous but costs quite a bit more. Never heard anything but good things about both of these.

From what Garrett said , from reports Ive read , its not an AT Pro revision , its a standalone AT model.....just another all terrain detector in the lineup. Ive been looking forward to information on it to. But also from what Ive read , the release of a new detector model is usually a spring or early summer event , so we still may have to wait a while.

There are also a lot of different diggers too. I use the White's digger, but it can turn some heads if other people are near when I'm detecting. I want to get a raptor 31c, because it's quite a bit more inconspicuous but costs quite a bit more. Never heard anything but good things about both of these.

I already have the White's DigMaster. Absolutely love it. Though I will be modding the belt loop so that it has a snap closure instead of being sewn together permanently.

I was able to reach out to one sponsor already, but he wasn't able to come anywhere close to matching the Amazon package I linked to.

I already have the White's DigMaster. Absolutely love it. Though I will be modding the belt loop so that it has a snap closure instead of being sewn together permanently.

I was able to reach out to one sponsor already, but he wasn't able to come anywhere close to matching the Amazon package I linked to.

Contact Craig (detectingMO) I'll almost guarantee he will quote you lower.

I'm curious to know who you go with and the best deal. Obviously if u look at my signature, I talk to forum members and share the best prices so we all stretch our dollars as far as we can. So far the best price I've heard people get on a new ATP was $460.

Last edited:
I bought my fist detector after asking advice here. chose a sponsor from this site . The sponsor gave me no discount for being a member here or a better price. Also stated in the thread . Told me he had said detector in stock and would ship right away. Two weeks I waited , from a shop that was 6 hours away.. lesson learned

Big boy hobbies did not pull any punches with me. Contact them n see what they can do.

I have, actually, and it seems that I'll be getting back in touch with Bart once I'm actually able to make my purchase. Which works out for me, because by then, the ATP will most likely have dropped in price again. Or better yet, the new Garrett model (or details about it at least) will have release by then.

Back
Top Bottom