If you only could have one metal detector what would it be?

I have a Deus and a Xterra 705. From reading threads and watching YouTube, I would vote for the Equinox 800.

If I could only have one it would be my Minelab Sovereign GT. It is a very good coin hunter on the dirt and it also works extremely well on the wet salt water sand. Thankfully I am not limited to just one machine.

After trying out too many detectors to count in the last 5 years my favorite is the:

Equinox 800.

It would be my only VLF detector if it had a true all metal mode and it weighed the same as my Compadre........

Maybe there will be an Equinox 1000!

Jeff

If I could only have one it would be my Minelab Sovereign GT. It is a very good coin hunter on the dirt and it also works extremely well on the wet salt water sand. Thankfully I am not limited to just one machine.

This right here. I consider myself fortunate to have multiple detectors. All are a little better at something than the other.

I’ve only seriously used 3 machines in my hunting career,and do have a fourth...but for the results and accuracy it has given me in any condition I hunt in...CTX3030.

Thanks for the warm welcome

I just gave my self the log in name of trouble hunter I am in Texas and really love the sport of hunting while I do mainly coin hunting I have still found gold and diamond rings and sold them my children has spent all my silver I was robbed at the house by a neighbor and he stole lots of things from me but all in all I love the sport I am about 74 now so I am having trouble getting down and back up a lot more of the time now I have used mostly garrett detectors since the factory is here my brother that has passed away now used whites and we just about tied I think on the depth and everything else except my garrett was easier to set up than the whites coin master also if you people really want to discuss depth the old (natalis) detectors was a great machine great depth and good discriminate kinda hard to set up but once used for a while I dug bunches of mercury dimes on edge and all ......anyway thanks for
your warm welcome I just got me a Tesoro cortez I need some help trying to get it set up correctly and ill go and try to find all those coins I left behind I have heard that the cortez is good and also that it isn't any help will be great thanks I have read all I can find so far about the machine and this winter is little harsh on me right now .....but I go when I can I have had 3 strokes and still working :lol:

Still my 3030, love the Deus, Nox 800, Anfibio but my 3030 cant be matched

J/S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike'
Great reply! In this forum, there are a LOT of 3030 likes. I'm an Impact guy but owned 2 defective Etracs which went to Etrac graveyards. This spoiled me away from MineLab for a long time. Thanks to you I am going to get a 3030 and give it a run this summer.

I love my Impact!!! It has found stuff on sites previously hunted hundreds of times by others. I dug five 1 Reals next to a Horseshoe next to an axehead on a rock!!!! How could this be missed??? Bang, MINE!!!

Mike'

Great reply! In this forum, there are a LOT of 3030 likes. I'm an Impact guy but owned 2 defective Etracs which went to Etrac graveyards. This spoiled me away from MineLab for a long time. Thanks to you I am going to get a 3030 and give it a run this summer.

I know you will love it ...need help you let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minelab Equinox 800

Light, multi-frequency, waterproof, great on dry sand, wet sand, in the saltwater, freshwater, pasture.

You name it, it does it.

i love it.

Matt

New to the Hobby, I realize this is an old thread, but this is still a topic of interest.

New technology aside, I believe the Whites 5900 Di Pro SL has always been the champ, (still is) and is the most qualified to be the best "all around" Metal Detector ever produced.
Goes deep, ID's accurately, discriminates exceptionally well (although you could argue the 5900 is not an underwater, top notch, gold flake finding, one trick pony).

So, convince me other wise.

Technology and ease of use have improved greatly, but has actual , real life performance been enhanced? A dime reads as a dime, a quarter is a quarter, a half reads a half, gold reads gold, ground balancing is perfectly adjustable and depth is deep, even with coins on end. If you watch the needle and listen, you can identify the object before you dig. and talk about discrimination, it ignores nails and responds to pennies, nickels and rings.

So, one vote for the Whites 5900 Di Pro SL

New to the Hobby, I realize this is an old thread, but this is still a topic of interest.

New technology aside, I believe the Whites 5900 Di Pro SL has always been the champ, (still is) and is the most qualified to be the best "all around" Metal Detector ever produced.
Goes deep, ID's accurately, discriminates exceptionally well (although you could argue the 5900 is not an underwater, top notch, gold flake finding, one trick pony).

So, convince me other wise.

Technology and ease of use have improved greatly, but has actual , real life performance been enhanced? A dime reads as a dime, a quarter is a quarter, a half reads a half, gold reads gold, ground balancing is perfectly adjustable and depth is deep, even with coins on end. If you watch the needle and listen, you can identify the object before you dig. and talk about discrimination, it ignores nails and responds to pennies, nickels and rings.

So, one vote for the Whites 5900 Di Pro SL
Instead of dredging up a two year old thread, I think you should rephrase your post and start a fresh discussion. I know I, and a few others, would be glad to post on something new for discussion instead of old.

Monte

Can you elaborate?

Sure. I've used alot of machines and have always found my deepest and best coins with the f75 SE. I'm talking about hunting the same old park I always hunt with multiple machines. Last deep coin I found with the f75 was a honest 10 inches,1823 large cent.
I always use DE mode,not a fan of boost unless needed.But the f75 has always produced my best finds. Could be I just like the machine but I like all my machines. Some people say the f75 is old technology,and that's fine,can't argue. But it works just as good today as it did years ago for me,and I still pull my best finds with it. And Felix at first texas is one of the nicest guys you'll ever talk to in customer service.

Sure. I've used alot of machines and have always found my deepest and best coins with the f75 SE. I'm talking about hunting the same old park I always hunt with multiple machines. Last deep coin I found with the f75 was a honest 10 inches,1823 large cent.
I always use DE mode,not a fan of boost unless needed.But the f75 has always produced my best finds. Could be I just like the machine but I like all my machines. Some people say the f75 is old technology,and that's fine,can't argue. But it works just as good today as it did years ago for me,and I still pull my best finds with it. And Felix at first texas is one of the nicest guys you'll ever talk to in customer service.

Do you have extensive experience using any other machines, like an Equinox, CTX, Deus, etc?

Back
Top Bottom