Coil advice please

central joe

I have a Tesoro Silver Sabre II with a 4" & 8" coils. I also have a Compadre with a 5 3/4" coil that I am adding the Epsilon coil plug mod to. Do you think that a 11 X 8" coil would be helpful or have I got it covered. I have never used a wide scan coil before. I don't want to spend the money if it doesn't help. I mostly hunt parks, but occasionally lake shores and older home sites. Thanks, joe

The RSD 11x8 coil is the only coil I don't like with the Sabre.I don't know whether its the two 9 volt battery system is too powerful for the coil setup or what but it falses a lot more than normal. The best coil that I have found for the Silver Sabre II is the 9x8 coil.

The RSD 11x8 coil is the only coil I don't like with the Sabre.I don't know whether its the two 9 volt battery system is too powerful for the coil setup or what but it falses a lot more than normal. The best coil that I have found for the Silver Sabre II is the 9x8 coil.

Sounds like that RSD 11x8 coil is not agreeing with the ground balance setting. This is one of those times some people send their detector and coil back to Tesoro for a better ground balance setting if it can be adjusted internally!

Sounds like that RSD 11x8 coil is not agreeing with the ground balance setting. This is one of those times some people send their detector and coil back to Tesoro for a better ground balance setting if it can be adjusted internally!

Not a problem. I leave the RSD on the Deleon instead.I'm not letting them touch my silver sabre II. It is perfect with the 9x8 coil.

Back
Top Bottom