ace 250 tones?

ProfitOfDoom

Well im still learning the 250,getting the pinpoint down pretty decent. But I read and it says its a 3 tone ID?
But I think I only here 2,are they really close? One is like a lower pitch and doesnt ring,,its fast and dull,the other one almost has a chime.
Can anyone tell me what I could use to give this a bench test to try to hear all 3 sounds?

just lay a nail, nickel, and a penny on the ground away from each other. put it on on all metal mode and start swinging. you should be able to hear the difference.

Thanks, The nail put out that 3rd tone I never heard before.
But I did a test on all coins,they all sound the same except for the nickle.
The nickle and the pull tab sound the same,so out in the field how do you guys determine a nickle from a pull tab?
On my friends GTA 550 he has some kind of meter where it will show,I guess how much material? and you could tell from the higher reading "or so im guessing"
But in my case there is no meter just sound,and ID pictures,,,but sometimes its unstable and bounces back and forth. So do you just take the chance and dig? Or is there another way of telling?

If you're over a coin or larger solid jewelery, your Id will stay constant (or very near to it). Canslaw, and other multi-metal mess will jump on ya.
As your learning your 'detector speak', Dig it all and make close note of what the item showed up as/what the depth was and the item itself. Pretty soon you'll know what the ACE is trying to tell ya. Pay attention to the 'size' of the item as you swing over it, you'll get used to common and constant occurances of things like pull tabs and such. Gold rings will show the same but act quite differently when 'sizing' or pin pointing.
Mine likes to call just about everything a dime. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom