Yooper Rich

Hello everyone,
I don't have a detector yet although I have been involved with detecting off and on since 1972. Other hobbies took precedence at times. I live way up in the U.P. of Michigan and we tend to get a later start on things in the Spring here. Was going to order a detector a couple of weeks ago but had the misfortune of falling on some ice outside my garage and my right leg went back behind me and I broke my leg right at my ankle and separated my ankle at the same time. So right now I'm sitting here with my leg propped up and may yet have surgery. Anyway I started years ago with an old Heath kit my Dad built. Last detector was a Garrett GTI. Right now I'm looking to get a Mine Lab Equinox 600. Just figured I have a bit more time now before ordering. Plenty to detect here for sure. Even right here on my property. It had an old homestead and farm burned many years ago. There are remnants of a log chicken coop that was a cabin first. In the woods in a low area is a rock cistern that is about 6 ft deep and 5x8. So have plenty to be excited about. Besides living in the Copper Country!

:fmdfwelcome:... from the thawing out state of Minnesota! :woot: We're glad that you have joined us. :yes: Happy hunting! :mder:

Last edited:
Northwest Ohio waiting a hand. Welcome and hopefully you get to feeling better soon. It sounds like you have an interesting place to metal detect on.HH &GL

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Hope you get well soon and they fix it good !

In the meantime you can watch videos on the Nox 600.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast.

You need to bury that leg in the hot Florida sand, fix it right up.

I don't think you'll have trouble finding some cool relics at a property like that. Welcome and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom