Slightly upsetting discovering

SW Iowa Digger

Elite Member
I recently found a pretty worn Standing Liberty Quarter with the date worn off didnt pay it much attention I discovered it is variety one which means it could have been the 1916 version now why couldnt someone have dropped it before the date was gone

I recently found a pretty worn Standing Liberty Quarter with the date worn off didnt pay it much attention I discovered it is variety one which means it could have been the 1916 version now why couldnt someone have dropped it before the date was gone

They might have dropped it before the date was gone. Frost heaves and ground condition play a huge part in how a coin gets worn.

I did not mean to sound unhappy about the find. I was simply stating the what if factor. I will happily dig silver coins all day long worn or not

I know exactly how you feel. Last year I found a 1916 Merc, and the reverse was so worn you couldn't see if there was a mint mark or not. What if that was a D and I didn't know it. But hey, a silver is always a good thing to find. Congrats on your SLQ.

Back
Top Bottom