2 silver rings, another merc and a heart stopper!

If your getting falsing on rusty screws/nails (24-26), try a factory reset - reflash the software - factory reset.

I do get falsing in the mid 20s range, especially on deep rusty bits of wire and small rusty screws and bolts. I usually run 21-22 sensitivity, 5-6 recovery speed in Park 1 5 tones. Iron bias set at 1 or 2. I know how to do the factory reset and I will try that. But "reflash the software" is not a term I am familiar with. Explain a little? Sorry for my ignorance.

someone educate me please

so..... now that I have replied to everyone in a separate post on this thread, ,someone tell me the secret of quoting all of my replies in one post.
Thanks !!!

I do get falsing in the mid 20s range, especially on deep rusty bits of wire and small rusty screws and bolts. I usually run 21-22 sensitivity, 5-6 recovery speed in Park 1 5 tones. Iron bias set at 1 or 2. I know how to do the factory reset and I will try that. But "reflash the software" is not a term I am familiar with. Explain a little? Sorry for my ignorance.

There seems to be an issue if you just load the latest software for the Nox without following the above procedure.

Go to minelab's website and download the software utility.

Do a factory reset on the Nox

Run the utility, connect the Nox and turn on, then load the latest software.

Turn off the Nox when complete

Do another factory reset.

This got rid of the issues with the Nox reading rusty nails ans screws.

I wish they would address the issue, as I am not fully convinced ALL issues have been addressed with the proper re-flashing of software.

There seems to be an issue if you just load the latest software for the Nox without following the above procedure.

Go to minelab's website and download the software utility.

Do a factory reset on the Nox

Run the utility, connect the Nox and turn on, then load the latest software.

Turn off the Nox when complete

Do another factory reset.

This got rid of the issues with the Nox reading rusty nails ans screws.

I wish they would address the issue, as I am not fully convinced ALL issues have been addressed with the proper re-flashing of software.

Thanks
I have loaded the software update and done multiple factory resets since but I will try it again, following your process as described.
Thanks !!!

so..... now that I have replied to everyone in a separate post on this thread, ,someone tell me the secret of quoting all of my replies in one post.
Thanks !!!
Sure! Click the "multi-quote" button, directly to the right of the "quote" button (unless you use the "mobile friendly" theme, in which case it is directly to the right of the "quick reply" button) on each of the posts you wish to quote. Then, click "post reply," located at the top and bottom of each page. Hope this helps! :D

Back
Top Bottom