Water diggin ????s

petejc

Saw a video with some guys in waist deep water with their little float screens floating along with them...They never showed how they actually got the target out from the bottom of the river. What tool do they use to do that.

I want to try some water diggin but only about 2 ft. cause my Garrett ACE 400 housing is not water proof, but once I find a target how do I get it up....Don't forget....I'm a noobie

Be extremely careful when detecting in the water as one dip of the control module and you will be looking for a new detector. How do I know?? BTDT. And it was just a momentary dip. Sand scoops are the way that we get targets out of the water.

A sand scoop works good in sand or loose pebbles. Most of the shallow water places I detect have a hard packed bottom; too hard to use my scoop. A longer shovel would help. Some kind of shoulder sling or belt clip helps to hold your detector out of the drink. I use my waterproof Garret "carrot" handheld pinpointer too. First, after I detect a target, I dig up a plug with my digger, then I fish around with my hand, while holding the tip end of the pinpointer in the same hand. I keep pinpointing and hand-scooping underwater until I bring up a handful of mud with the pinpointer still vibrating. Sometimes I can find it by feel. Not the best method. I'll work on it this summer.

Ebay has some great deals. If its possible try wrapping some ziplock bags with elastics over the control head. If the detector takes a quick dip the bags might save it

Be sure that you get a sand scoop with at least a 4ft handle. I made my own but they are cheep enough to buy one ready to go!

Like many has said, be very careful and don't get the electronics box wet.

Good luck and Happy hunting.

Back
Top Bottom