$300.00 to spend on detector

pointer80

HI all, I know this question is on here a lot but I had a co-workers husband ask me what is a good detector for about $300.00? He wants to hunt land and beaches. I believe he wants to hunt freshwater beaches as I do not know if you could get one for that price to hunt saltwater beaches as well? Maybe a used one for that price? All opinions welcome. Thank you.

Personally I would check with Bart over at Big Boys Hobbies. He's one of the most knowledgeable men around. I personally would not be afraid to check used models as I have done myself and was quite happy with the results.

Personally I would check with Bart over at Big Boys Hobbies. He's one of the most knowledgeable men around. I personally would not be afraid to check used models as I have done myself and was quite happy with the results.

100 percent agree. Check with Bart or Evan over at bigboyshobbies.net tell them your a FMDF member and they will treat your rite.

Just going by reviews the Garrett Ace 350 is a solid choice, I believe its fully water proof to that helps, Fished F2 is a good starter, or Bounty hunter Discovery 3300, which is the same as a Fisher F2, same company produces the, and Tecknetics. Consider Salvation army if you want a used machine, mine was under 20$ and costs almost 500$ used, its a Whites machine, but they are costly in my searches. If you get a Garrett 350 they will probably have a deal with a Pro Pointer, which almost anyone will tell you will help alot.

Good luck with the choices.

Does it have to be new? I generally buy used and you get a lot more for the money most of the time, however you are taking a chance but I've never run into any problems with used detectors. In the $300 to $400 used range you're looking at xlt's, explorers, cz's etc.

Hey there. Don't forget the neccesary accessories you will NEED to efficiently and correctly reach your targets. I think a decent pin-pointer should top the list. GL and HH. Matt

Hey there. Don't forget the neccesary accessories you will NEED to efficiently and correctly reach your targets. I think a decent pin-pointer should top the list. GL and HH. Matt

Pinpointer is a MUST HAVE in my opinion. He will get frustrated without one.

Technetiks Delta 4000. Heck of a machine. If found everything from gold, silver, and HUNDREDS of coins in Germany with it. got it from Colonial Metal Detecting..$279 TYD!

You should be able to get a used AT Pro for around $300.00 - $350.00 If you look hard enough you can get a new one for around $500.00 I truly wish i would have spent the extra dollars for the AT Pro instead of the F2.

Back
Top Bottom