AT Max threshold

an inch an hour

I wasn't sure about the threshold adjustment on the ATMax working in just all metal mode or in all modes. I've seen posts saying just all metal. I called garrett and they said threshold adjustment works in all the modes on the ATMax. They said negative threshold can be used to quiet down the machine if needed. My AT Max runs nice with full sensitivity, -3 threshold with no loss in depth when I air tested. I tested 8.5x11, 5x8, garrett coils and a nel big 15x17 coil. All showed no loss in depth. If you drop sensitivity more than 2 bars you lose depth. But -1 bar of sensitivity off and threshold setup as low as -4 threshold there is no loss in depth. I had the same results in all modes of the AT Max. Runs quiet and deep.

Good info. Thanks. Post in the AT-Max group I started if you like. Maybe all us AT-Max guys can help one another with these machines. They are solid, Light and easy to swing. Very similar to the Pro and Gold but somehow different. Only about 30 hours on mine and im done for the season. Hope to see you in the group. GL and HH.

Where is this group? I plan to have an ATMax by spring. No point buying now, the season here is pretty much over.

Thanks. I've been on this forum for over 10 years and I didn't know those groups existed.

Dan

Ha ha!!! Same with me, Dan! Been here for years, and never even knew these groups existed! Took me awhile, just now, to even figure out how to find the groups from the main page. I finally found the "social groups" listed, under the "Community" tab!

LOL!

Steve

Ha ha!!! Same with me, Dan! Been here for years, and never even knew these groups existed! Took me awhile, just now, to even figure out how to find the groups from the main page. I finally found the "social groups" listed, under the "Community" tab!

LOL!

Steve

Same here when I heard about the ATPRO group. Should have a tab up top for "Groups" as well as all the other things up top.

...My AT Max runs nice with full sensitivity, -3 threshold with no loss in depth when I air tested. I tested 8.5x11, 5x8, garrett coils and a nel big 15x17 coil. All showed no loss in depth. If you drop sensitivity more than 2 bars you lose depth. But -1 bar of sensitivity off and threshold setup as low as -4 threshold there is no loss in depth. I had the same results in all modes of the AT Max. Runs quiet and deep.

Thanks for this info, 1"/hr...I'll experiment with this on my machine a bit. Thinking about threshold is new to me - I'm coming from the Ace series that had no threshold adjustment. So far, I've only been running the threshold setting on the positive side, based on advice that the "proper" way to set threshold is with a slight and constant "hum". But it makes sense to adjust it more positive or negative to suit the site - otherwise why make it possible to adjust so much. On the more trashy, iron infested sites, I'll try adjusting the threshold to the negative and see if it helps run quieter without losing much on the performance side.

Thanks for this info, 1"/hr...I'll experiment with this on my machine a bit. Thinking about threshold is new to me - I'm coming from the Ace series that had no threshold adjustment. So far, I've only been running the threshold setting on the positive side, based on advice that the "proper" way to set threshold is with a slight and constant "hum". But it makes sense to adjust it more positive or negative to suit the site - otherwise why make it possible to adjust so much. On the more trashy, iron infested sites, I'll try adjusting the threshold to the negative and see if it helps run quieter without losing much on the performance side.

I've been running my Max at +1 and +2 on the threshold and max sensitivity. It works great where I'm at.

Back
Top Bottom