Got my Nox, I'm clueless but loving it!

Iggyks

Elite Member
After deliberating for two years, I finally joined the 21st century and got a Nox 600 (I've been swinging a Tesoro Mojave) I know I need to do a test garden, run through the manual more etc., but have some sites I had cleaned up pretty well (or so I thought) with the Mojave so hit those to see what happened. At a former 1910 school site that I had dug nearly every signal my old detector registered and spent dozens of hours at, in an hour and a half with no experience I found three wheat cents previously missed and a cool little brooch. 1910, 1917 and 1936. Tonight at a newer site that I have also crisscrossed many times before, I kicked up this 1965 half dollar... don't mind being '65ed on this -- and three '40s/'50s wheat pennies along with some clad. Can't wait to actually learn how to run this thing!!

Attachments

• 117308900_653556048587371_305001419344694668_n.jpg
    117308900_653556048587371_305001419344694668_n.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 359
  • NOX FIRST COINS.jpg
    NOX FIRST COINS.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 325
Great first finds with the Equinox. I am a big fan of Tesoro detectors too. I had a Mojave for awhile along with many others and I still think the Cibola is an incredible detector. However, the Equinox, once you get used to it will tell you a whole lot about the target under the coil. Lots of mid range detectors will do that too of course, but the Equinox does it clearly, consistently and in a way that is easy and quick to understand after some experience. It is plenty deep and in your mild dirt it should be able to unmask targets and hit plenty of iffy signals that you might have either missed with the Mojave depending on your settings or they might not have had a "dig me" type sound.
Hope your luck continues and keep sharing those finds.

Jeff

Run with the factory settings for while until you understand what its telling you. Park 2 will do wonders for you but change 1 thing go to 50 tones.
Throw the manual out !
Hands on is the best way to learn it!

The equinox is a great machine, the recovery speed is pretty awesome. It will find a few things your other machines missed, as it did for me as well. I have to start spending more time at pounded sites. Congrats on the new machine and the 40%'er!

You will be finding a lot of stuff you missed with the nox it’s a good machine I’ve found so many wheat pennies and silver that I’ve missed with my DFX. Make sure you dig those whisper beeps the ones that are just so faint those will be your deep wheats and silver. Found like 3 seated coins doing this and a lot of deep wheat cents. Now not all will be good but some will be go slow and overlap your sweeps.

Great first finds with the Equinox. I am a big fan of Tesoro detectors too. I had a Mojave for awhile along with many others and I still think the Cibola is an incredible detector. However, the Equinox, once you get used to it will tell you a whole lot about the target under the coil. Lots of mid range detectors will do that too of course, but the Equinox does it clearly, consistently and in a way that is easy and quick to understand after some experience. It is plenty deep and in your mild dirt it should be able to unmask targets and hit plenty of iffy signals that you might have either missed with the Mojave depending on your settings or they might not have had a "dig me" type sound.
Hope your luck continues and keep sharing those finds.

Jeff

No disrespect to my Mojave! I have a pile of finds i love thanks to it, and it is not going anywhere. ;-)

Hey nice finds! That half is beautiful. You will love that machine, I sure do! The guys in my area have pounded every old park with CTX and ETRACs so it’s tough, I have found 6 wheats and 1 silver Rosie but I’m confident in it now and what it tells me. Best of luck to you!

Congrats on all the neat finds including the JFK ! :thumbsup:

I'm very pleased with my Nox also, still fine-tuning my hunting ability with it, but very pleased nonetheless !

I'm realizing even more how important location is though, my most recent permission is pretty trashy, but it's still helping me learn my Nox better so I'll be even more ready when I find some better permissions.

In case you haven't seen them yet here are some short but very helpful tutorials on the Equinox series I found online:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

Back
Top Bottom