Picking a detector for salt water use

tampaeye

I would like to get some input from seasoned members about which unit is best to use in and around salt water. I live in Tampa and 98% of the time I will hunt the west coast of Florida beaches. Which models are most popular and why? Has anyone had any problems with their units? Thanks for the input.

excalibur.jpg

Minelab's Excalibur II I don't own one but from what I've read, that model wins.

Best all around beach machine Excalibur or the CZ21 although it likes iron at times... deepest machines are pulse machines but many don't like them because they lack discrimination..

How do you want to spend your money?

I would like to get some input from seasoned members about which unit is best to use in and around salt water. I live in Tampa and 98% of the time I will hunt the west coast of Florida beaches. Which models are most popular and why? Has anyone had any problems with their units? Thanks for the input.

If money is no object, Minelab Excalliber $1,400.00 - A VLF unit that can discriminate out iron.

If money is a consideration, Tesoro Sand Shark $580.00 - A PI unit that does not discriminate, and goes deeper than the Excaliber by about 2"...

Happy Hunting!

Give Phil Myers a call. He is the local dealer in Tampa and can give you the low down. He is also a sponsor so he can help you out with accessories and such. He is the person I ordered my Sand Shark from and is just down the street from you. I would visit him so he can demonstrate the machines. http://www.myersdepot.com/

Hang out at your Beach, that your going to hunt to see what all the other hunters are using ..........helps also. Good luck & HH

Ive done well with my CZ-21 on Floridas east coast. From my hunting and talking to locals there, most prefer multi freq vlf machines (minelabs or Fishers CZ series) I have had problems with a couple detectors but am not allowed to speak of it :?: :grin:

Yes give Phil Myers a call!
or better yet stop in and see me.

Do you want to be out in the water?
Sand Shark is what I use - but i stock the Tiger Shark, Dual Field, BH ID 300,
& Seahunter Mark 2.

Give me a call.

Back
Top Bottom