New to detecting

Boognish

I'm very interested in getting started but I know nothing about detecting. Would love to get feedback from experienced people - what is a good starter detector to begin with under $300? Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated!

Fisher F2, Garrett ace 250/350, Tesoro all good machines for beginners. I highly recommend the Fisher F2 due to how well it does with recovery in trash. Call me or email me from my site. Love to help answer your questions or give you pricing.

Hi and welcome to the forum from the uk,
You need to decide on what type of hunt you like and what type of finds you want to seek.
You may want to hunt the beeches most of the time so pick an md that will do that on both wet and dry sand/or you may want to hunt coins in fields and parks so look on here on the search button and type in coin hunting to read all threads,oryou may want to hunt woods,
I would pick what you can afford and decide on what you want to hunt and where and start the learning curve as we all have done.
You may ask for what ever advise and post what posts or threads you like on here the members will always help you as and when you need there advise so happy hunting and welcome here.

Welcome to the forum. There are many name brand name detectors in that price range that would be good for a beginner. One of the main things that determines which detector to buy, is wether or not you want a meter. The Tesoro line has detectors with and without meters that come with a lifetime warranty. Detector Pro waders are water resistant and can be used on dry land and the beach, but they don't have a meter. Garrett, Fisher, Whites and Bounty Hunter make good entry level machines, with meters, in your price range. Whatever you do, stay with American companies. Do a little research and get one that you feel comfortable with. Learn the machine and you will be successful. Good luck hunting.:D

Welcome from :shock: H I :shock:

Teknetics Delta or Gamma or f2

Save your money up get into $600 range--Omega, F5, atpro, ML 705

That's a good start. You can upgrade later if you really like the hobby and keep the 250 as a back up or sell it to help finance your new machine.......

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom