Aftermarket Coils on E-Trac, do they effect the tones?

Mapleton

Does using an after market coil, like some SEF (Butterfly) coil, will it be able to transmit the type of metal you are detecting to the E-Trac, just the same as the standard Minelab coil would?

What I'm saying is, does using aftermarket coils effect the accuracy of the tones?

Thank You,
Joe

I would say not a bit. i just got a new 10x12 SEF for my ETrac but with all the snow all i can do is air test it. i tested all silver and clad coins and all was the same as the stock 10" procoil. the only diff would be ground coverage and hopefully depth. hopefully this helps.

No it dont, I have two 10x14 dd eq2 and 5.5 sunray and 8 on its way . But the big ones affect the banlance ot the unit. And I really like the sunray coils seem to have more depth than other after market coils. And I like to swing small coils rather then the big garbage can size one. And with the coils, lower shaft size matters use 21.5 shaft with my stock coil. And stock shaft with your smaller coils, to slow me down. It's better on your arm, and with the E-trac LOW AND SLOW!!!!!

When I first bought my 8x6 SEF I would have said YES, it did seem that the tones were slightly different, almost quieter. However, it could just be that I was "hearing things" because it was a new coil and I was looking (hearing in this case) for any issues. Today I would tell you that no, I don't really hear a difference. Here's a video where you can hear the tones the E-Trac makes while using the 8x6 SEF. They don't sound any different than my Pro coil.

Well to me with my Ratphones the SEF's and the Sunrays are clearer and crisper sound wise. A difference in the tones not really. To me that makes a big difference in deep coins "for me". It's a matter of taste for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom