Books on Metal Detecting

Roadrunner

I did a search but didn't get any results on this subject. As a newbie, I am trying to find some good books on the subject so I will have a little knowledge before I go out hunting. Of course, I have to get a detector also. Welcome reccomendations on good books.

Has anyone read either of these books, and if so, are they worth the cost?

"Metal Detecting Manual" by Dan Hughes or

Charles Garrett's book on "Finding Coins"

Welcome from Texas. Great to have you aboard. Perhaps you should try ebay. They should have a few books.

I have read the Garrett book, If it is worth the cost would be determined by how much you already know on the subject.

I did a search but didn't get any results on this subject. As a newbie, I am trying to find some good books on the subject so I will have a little knowledge before I go out hunting. Of course, I have to get a detector also. Welcome reccomendations on good books.

Has anyone read either of these books, and if so, are they worth the cost?

"Metal Detecting Manual" by Dan Hughes or

Charles Garrett's book on "Finding Coins"

Dan Hughes also does podcast shows that are great. you should check it out.
www.thetreasurecorner.com

I started out on Karl Von Muller's books. He was the dean of detectorists, Steve in so az

Handbook for Detectorists. by Gert Gesink (Dutch?) English version available .

Although this book is aimed mainly at the European market it is a good in-depth read about metal detectors and sites.

Doug (England)

View attachment 28589

Last edited:
Please check out my site . There is a book section there. Also, if there is a specific book you are looking for let me know and I'll see what I can do to get it for you if I don't already have it.

Back
Top Bottom