Racer video.. Gold chain on wet salt beach test

Hi tnss - Just a couple of questions if I may -

How well does the Fors CoRe perform on the beach compared to the Racer & how well doe the F75 compare to the Racer at the beach?

I dont hunt the beaches that much but I do want a detector that can handle the wet salty sand if I do -

Cheers & thanks

I have only ran F75LTD2 at freshwater beach, same with CoRe and Racer. In this setting both Racer and coRe bested the F75. F75 was a bit noisy.

From looking around on the different forums. It seems CoRe and Racer are at the top or near the top for single frequency VLF detectors in wet salt sand. They both seem to run more stable than many others.

I don't know what they did, but they do seem to run mighty stable in wet salt sand.

I encourage you to seek out some you tube video where the detectors are being used on those salt beaches. There are some good ones out there. And the folks doing the videos are not wearing headphones, so you can hear how stable the units are running.

I can see Nokta/Makro possibly rolling out a waterproof unit. This would be an attractive setup for many IMO.

Thanks for your quick response tnss - what has me facinated with these Turkish machines is that their performance accross a wide variety of terrains seems to good to be true - Do you know of any other VLF detector that will work as well in the following enviroments -

Coin/Relic Hunting
Gold Prospecting
Salt water beach detecting

Now I know you can take some VLF's virtually anywhere however I am wanting to know if there is anything out there that will match the Turkish machines in those three enviroments - Thank you

That would be an impossible question for me to truthfully answer. I have only run mainly flagship units from the different manufacturers.

But even comparing CoRe and Racer to the flagship units in the different environments I have tested used, both do very well.

The Racer's screen layout and ease of navigation---tops IMO when compared to all other flagships.

Simple, clear, very readable---a lot of sensible planning went into it.
One hand ops for settings changes
If I had to say the one thing that could be better, would be speaker location- it's position on the bottom means the speakers emits tones -not at the user directly. The CoRe's speaker is positioned moreso where the tones are emitted more toward user. Headphone use of course makes all this mute.

The quality of the tone produced by both units is a cut above-maybe if anything a tiny bit shy of Deus audio (Deus cost a lot more).

There is indeed some great processing going on inside of the 2 detectors. This company Makro/Nokta, not a very old detector manufacturer, but I must say they are/will be a force to be reckoned with. Their future released detectors could indeed stand the metal detecting industry on its head-who knows!!!

They already are doing something I feel is amazing. They have communication lines established and when people have questions/concerns---they get timely responses.

I'm surprised this one hasn't been locked. My, my I have never ever seen anything like this. What's going to happen when Makro/Nokta come out with something even better than the CoRe and Racer and is priced reasonable??? Some here, well I don't know what they will do. You know Minelab still isn't that old as far as detector manufacturers go. They seem to have hit a home run or two or three. They are not made in the USA either. Folks seem to praise them day in day out. But the ole Turkish units, folks just can't warm up to them can they??? I'm not detector/brand loyal. I'll use what works, I like performance, and will take as much as I can get for the $$$$. Only makes sense, right??? And Xp with their what was once called flimsy rods-would never hold up. Again another not so old detector manufacturer, and they too seem to have hit a home run. Not made in the USA either, and folks actually praise and talk positive about them. Maybe we had better hope Nokta/CoRe don't make a better unit. I would hate to see some here with nervous breakdowns!!

Honestly tnsharpshooter I don't think anyone has a problem with "Turkish" units. I think what you see is Racer burnout. Most are tired of hearing all the blah blah about the Racer which really seems to be more a basic detector like many others than that something special you keep claiming you're not making it out to be.

they too seem to have hit a home run.

I'd say more like a 1st base hit nowhere close to a home run. This video isn't impressive at all to me. Now, I'll say I don't hunt slat waters, but I'd throw away any detector that couldn't hit that big old piece of gold. If that was meant to show something special I missed it.

I do agree with using what works. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd use a turd on a stick as long as it does the job. I'm not brand loyal or even one to insist on being American made, although that would be my first choice if it did what I needed and I am a long time White's fan.

There are a lot of good detectors out there, a great detector will sell itself. I think everyone is aware of this.

I haven't ever seen a racer,but I have owned a foreign machine,the aka signum 7272.And hands down,it surpassed the e Trac,f75ltd and explorer SE pro in depth, speed ,and unmasking abilities.I hated to sell that one but I had to.So I believe,that there are machines out there that can best what are called the Flagships of current machines used here.I don't really think anyone can be called an expert at metal detecting,and one man's word is as good as the next.hh

I never said the Racer was a home run, rather Minelab and Xp both newer companies did hit them. And both of them not made in the USA.

I have seen many folks when posting say buy X detector because it's made in the USA. And really they aren't, I don't think. I doubt you can find one detector whose entire components are indeed made in the USA.

Something else, why all the animosity, I mean if anyone has any advice to give me about a detector I have, I'll listen; especially a newer released detector.

I just wished more folks would ask questions if they are truly interested, vs what seems to be one-up style communications. We are all here to learn and communicate I hope. There are many detectors that are very nice. I post about all the ones I have had or still do. Anyone needs help or just wants to chat-I'm all in. I may learn something in the process.

I think all detectors deserve a fair shake. As long as they perform to a level that is what's expected or more for what they cost--I'm fine with that.

I see a lot of folks who tend to throw their experience around a lot. Guess what, when a person gets a new machine- don't they suffer from a reset of sorts. I mean it's not detecting experience per se that counts IMO as it is detector experience. And in the field I think this would show itself.

I just wished folks here would show a little more respect to one another. We are all here I hope for similar reasons. We all know all detectors are different, just as we are. Some folks will never mesh with a given detector--we've all maybe seen this or experienced this.

I post and read other forums. I don't see there, what I see here. Definitely hard for me to understand. I can take constructive criticism, I'm a big boy, a veteran of 3 wars, and I'm battle tested.

I'm surprised this one hasn't been locked. My, my I have never ever seen anything like this. What's going to happen when Makro/Nokta come out with something even better than the CoRe and Racer and is priced reasonable??? Some here, well I don't know what they will do. You know Minelab still isn't that old as far as detector manufacturers go. They seem to have hit a home run or two or three. They are not made in the USA either. Folks seem to praise them day in day out. But the ole Turkish units, folks just can't warm up to them can they??? I'm not detector/brand loyal. I'll use what works, I like performance, and will take as much as I can get for the $$$$. Only makes sense, right??? And Xp with their what was once called flimsy rods-would never hold up. Again another not so old detector manufacturer, and they too seem to have hit a home run. Not made in the USA either, and folks actually praise and talk positive about them. Maybe we had better hope Nokta/CoRe don't make a better unit. I would hate to see some here with nervous breakdowns!!

It will get locked if it goes down the same road the previous ones did...

Honestly tnsharpshooter I don't think anyone has a problem with "Turkish" units. I think what you see is Racer burnout. Most are tired of hearing all the blah blah about the Racer which really seems to be more a basic detector like many others than that something special you keep claiming you're not making it out to be.

+1

Well.
I see the lawyering of post here has already started. Instead of criticizing a portion, phrase or word of someone's post, how about ask questions, tell folks what you've seen with a certain detector, or give your experiences with a detector if you have any.

I mean consider this. I don't run a bounty hunter detector. They are good detectors for what they cost.

What if I go to every person who post about a bounty hunter detector post/thread and in every thread- say things like buy a White's, or don't buy this or that, the bounty hunter is not worhty. Or attack them personally because they don't agree with me or run the brand of detector I do. It would be rude, disrespectful, deceitful to do in my book.

You see, I don't see this happening here with no other brands but the Turkish units. Why??

Dude you are creating drama where there is none, no one was saying a bad word at all, and then you're like "I cant believe this isn't locked."

Creating drama where there was none, odd.:?: You are arguing with yourself here after 6 non issue posts....L:laughing:L

All I'm going to say about my observation

Nectar,
I started this thread. So far you've offer nothing on this thread meaningful or constructive. But you always are in the Turkish detector threads. Do you have a CoRe or Racer??? If the answer is no, then you need to be asking questions, instead of trying to always psycho analyze a person's comments.

Well.
I see the lawyering of post here has already started. Instead of criticizing a portion, phrase or word of someone's post, how about ask questions, tell folks what you've seen with a certain detector, or give your experiences with a detector if you have any.

I mean consider this. I don't run a bounty hunter detector. They are good detectors for what they cost.

What if I go to every person who post about a bounty hunter detector post/thread and in every thread- say things like buy a White's, or don't buy this or that, the bounty hunter is not worhty. Or attack them personally because they don't agree with me or run the brand of detector I do. It would be rude, disrespectful, deceitful to do in my book.

You see, I don't see this happening here with no other brands but the Turkish units. Why??

Because certain members are pushing them as if they are the holy grail and putting down other brands... You posted the MXT wasn't great in iron and I replied that it is... a couple days ago you posted the ATX is better than the Infinium are you a beach hunter or are you going on the word of someone else? A detector is just part of the equation and not the reason for success... its the guy or gal behind it that makes it successful.

This line is over the top...

For the $$$ ATX is probably one of the best ever PIs to date. Runs smoother than most others too in the different environments.

Do you know how many different pulse machines are out there? Do you own a an ATX? What have you run against it to come to these conclusions?

Nectar,
I started this thread. So far you've offer nothing on this thread meaningful or constructive. But you always are in the Turkish detector threads. Do you have a CoRe or Racer??? If the answer is no, then you need to be asking questions, instead of trying to always psycho analyze a person's comments.

You started this thread and then 5 posts later had argument with yourself about why it hadn't been locked...comical! :laughing::p

Back
Top Bottom