Aftermarket Coils for E-Trac?

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Experts out there!!! Any recommendations on upgrading the current stock E-Trac coil with an aftermarket one? I have plenty of silver around my location and have found a good bit of it:yes:....but I would like to hunt out even more from down here in sunny Hawaii.....any suggestions?

Paul

DeTech 13 Ultimate Coil - Target separation is great even in lots of junk. Don't let the big size fool you, it will get the goods. Even better at the beach.

I'm a very firm believer that the factory ProCoil is the best coil for the Etrac. The Etrac was built around this coil which was already around on the Explorer SE Pro.... And carried over to the CTX3030..

I don't trust aftermarket coil manufacturers that make the same exact coil for multiple manufacturers...... All they do I believe is change the connector on the plug and that's it. I very highly doubt the actual coil between Whites Tesoro Minelab is any different.... Too much R&D goes into that....

Keep it OEM

I'd recommend a smaller coil so you could hunt trashy areas better. I just got a nel sharpshooter and I love it! Very deep and allows for hunting in tight trashy areas!

Very deep and allows for hunting in tight trashy areas!

Please define "deep" ... Another member has a smaller coil, maybe the same you are talking about and he was not happy with the depth.

I was pulling dimes at nearly 18 inches in the sand with the DeTech 13 and it would easily separate targets close together.

I can see using a sniper elsewhere tho..like tot lots or around equipment.

Nel

The nel does not look like you standard snipe (hockey puck) its a decent size . I forget the exact measurement. It's the shape of an oval and feels to cover much more ground than a small disc coil. The depth of it feels to me around the same as the stock coil. Every review I've read on it has been good. I've owned one for about 2 weeks and am truly amazed by it. I find myself wanting to leave it on more than take it off. But I tenD to hunt lots of trashy areas. I have a detech 14" excelerator I would sell you if your looking at getting a bigger coil?

I'd highly recommend the nel sharpshooter. Look up some videos and review on it

The nel does not look like you standard snipe (hockey puck) its a decent size . I forget the exact measurement. It's the shape of an oval and feels to cover much more ground than a small disc coil. The depth of it feels to me around the same as the stock coil. Every review I've read on it has been good. I've owned one for about 2 weeks and am truly amazed by it.

Will check it out thanks!

I'm good with the 13 - think I'd need to hit the gym for a month to swing anything bigger all day. :grin:

Here is that NEL Sharpshooter Coil

Edit .. HEH HEH! I may have to get one of those. NICE! Could have used it at the park we were hunting Saturday.

Last edited:
Will check it out thanks!

I'm good with the 13 - think I'd need to hit the gym for a month to swing anything bigger all day. :grin:

Rite! I'm rite there w you on the weight issue. About he only place I use it is in far off very clean fields or the beach in dry sand. Sometimes m down WAY deeper than I'd like to dig!:lol: The video you posted is the coil for sure. I'm sure happy w it. The stock etrac cool isn't bad at All in trash but sometimes I'm in such heavy trash that a small coil could help. Actually often I'm in that crazy trash.:D. I have so many spots I need to rehunt now that I got this coil:roll:

I'm a very firm believer that the factory ProCoil is the best coil for the Etrac. The Etrac was built around this coil which was already around on the Explorer SE Pro.... And carried over to the CTX3030..

I don't trust aftermarket coil manufacturers that make the same exact coil for multiple manufacturers...... All they do I believe is change the connector on the plug and that's it. I very highly doubt the actual coil between Whites Tesoro Minelab is any different.... Too much R&D goes into that....

Keep it OEM

You're missing out mate! :yes: Most of the guys over at Minelab Owners (and elsewhere) have tested this out extensively, myself included, and most of us now use NEL, Detech, or SEF coils. The Procoil is most definitely not the best coil for the Etrac just as the Excal stock shaft is about the worst shaft for that machine! :lol:

You're missing out mate! :yes: Most of the guys over at Minelab Owners (and elsewhere) have tested this out extensively, myself included, and most of us now use NEL, Detech, or SEF coils. The Procoil is most definitely not the best coil for the Etrac just as the Excal stock shaft is about the worst shaft for that machine! :lol:

Which shaft do you use? I was unaware there were alternatives.

Which shaft do you use? I was unaware there were alternatives.

I was talking about the Excal shaft...my point was just that "stock" isn't always optimal. If you were indeed asking about the Excal then I would say the Anderson and Plugger straight shafts seem to be the most popular. :yes:

I second this post...I have an Anderson CF straight shaft and love it on my Excal....now if only the headphones would stop giving me problems...:roll:

I was talking about the Excal shaft...my point was just that "stock" isn't always optimal. If you were indeed asking about the Excal then I would say the Anderson and Plugger straight shafts seem to be the most popular. :yes:

Hah ok. I thought u were saying there were other shaft options for the etrac :lol:

Once I put that Detech Ultimate 13 on the E-trac it never came off. Target separation was way better, nailed those mid range "iffy's" at 8-10 strong, and cleared up the real deep whispers at over 10" nicely.

If you haven't used on and you know someone that has one, give it a shot. You will buy one soon.

Greg

Got kicked from another "finding treasure forum" for talking about buying a "non authorized" xterra coil. So be careful where you discuss these coils. Lol

Good luck. The you tube videos look promising but I have not purchased one yet.

Back
Top Bottom