The Hawk Metal Detector Kit - GC1010PK

boosbaby

i cant find any reviews on this detector online, im thinking of buying it for my husband for xmas since he has wanted to take up this hobby for a while. i found a pretty good price (i think) online, is this a good metal detector for a beginner?:confused:

i cant find any reviews on this detector online, im thinking of buying it for my husband for xmas since he has wanted to take up this hobby for a while. i found a pretty good price (i think) online, is this a good metal detector for a beginner?:confused:

It's not one I've heard of. What is your budget and we can recommend a good one to start him out with?

sure, i didnt want to go above $150 since he loses interest quickly in hobbies he thinks hes into, although he has been wanting a metal detector since we began dating 8 years ago lol

sure, i didnt want to go above $150 since he loses interest quickly in hobbies he thinks hes into, although he has been wanting a metal detector since we began dating 8 years ago lol

Did a quick net hunt on the detector you're looking at and I would not recommend it. It looks like a cheap chinese detector. For about $50 more than you are stating you can get a Garretts ACE 250 which is a fantastice starter detector that holds it's value pretty well, should he decide he no longer wants to metal detect. You could then sell it and put the money toward his next interest.

thanks for the info, i did see good reviews for that one on this site, i think ill give the ace a try

do you know if the Ace 250 is waterproof? he wants to go beach hunting

The coil is waterproof, but the control box is not. If you get the control box wet, you'll kill the detector. Quality water detectors are expensive. As long as he stays on the beach he'll be fine. Although the ACE 250 isn't the best in the wet sand. Dry sand on the beach is no problem for it.

Back
Top Bottom