Lightest detector to use?

They're not made anymore but the Detector Pro Line; Wader, Diver, Pirate Pro, Underwater or Headhunter Pulse. The electronics and 9v batteries are in the headphones. The only thing on the shaft is the coil. Can't get lighter than that.

Tesoro compadre with 6" coil, easiest to use- one knob, if it beeps but doesn't when the coil is 8" up then dig it. Great detector to keep for trashy areas and tot lots (about the same $ as a small coil) if she wants to upgrade later.

I think I'm going to go with the F44 it's pretty light and looks easy enough to use I dont think it will take her too long to catch on.. I really appreciate everyone helping me out here.. thank you all.

Thanks everyone for the help.. I was looking at the ace400 because the package they offer with it looks like a pretty decent deal but I really would rather get her a decent Fisher but I cant find a good package deal.. I can afford to spend around 400 right now but I would love to be able to get her something a little more mid level that would be easy also.. I'm honestly lost on what to get her..haha

Depending on what type you buy try to find a way to rig up the control box behind the elbow.
Also use a harness. If you setup the harness correctly the detector can be swung without even using an arm. A simple bungee cord attached to your belt and strapped over your shoulder is a cheap way to see if that's the route you want to go.

Tesoro Mojave!! economical, fully capable, totally reliable and so simple a cave man can do it @ 2.2 pounds:yes:

short money killer in trash with the 7" concentric coil. lightweight, simple analog design, with fantastic audio that is "very telling",and wonderfully "modulated"
ton of fun to use.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Weight is not the only factor.

Some detector companies have put thought and effort into the Ergnomics of detector usage. Some of the older detectors are not that bad to swing, but I have a feeling that was more luck than scientific research. And some companies just continue to screw it up.

You can wear a harness like I do. You can buy a counter balanced shaft like I did. You can mod your detector shaft to make it better.

Back
Top Bottom