10 Places To Start Metal Detecting

Good list, the woods/forest should be added, I found my first seated dime/love token in the woods.

Btw I would love to dig a gun in a bag buried lol, it probably still functions if the bag was sealed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to a public park and my detector was beeping like every spot had a coin, does it have something to do with the minerals in the soil?

Good list, the woods/forest should be added, I found my first seated dime/love token in the woods.

Btw I would love to dig a gun in a bag buried lol, it probably still functions if the bag was sealed lol

Oooh YES! I complete forgot about the old woods/orchards where people use to picnic. Old theme parks and local interurban trolly stops could also be added to the list.

Perhaps you could be a guest writer and submit your story about you finding that dime/love token?

Oooh YES! I complete forgot about the old woods/orchards where people use to picnic. Old theme parks and local interurban trolly stops could also be added to the list.

Perhaps you could be a guest writer and submit your story about you finding that dime/love token?

Lol I’m not much of a story teller or a writer lol it went beep really solid signal and I dug it up and about had a heart attack lol that’s the story, oh it was near a big tree in the woods on a hillside. Lol

I went to a public park and my detector was beeping like every spot had a coin, does it have something to do with the minerals in the soil?

There’s good signals then there’s trash. Aluminum foil bits and can slaw, pieces of foil and gum wrappers, wire... theirs millions of things it could be. Just gotta find the right signals and learn your machine. You’ll never know what it is unless you dig it. I avoid picnic tables near bbq grills myself.

There’s good signals then there’s trash. Aluminum foil bits and can slaw, pieces of foil and gum wrappers, wire... theirs millions of things it could be. Just gotta find the right signals and learn your machine. You’ll never know what it is unless you dig it. I avoid picnic tables near bbq grills myself.

It was so strange, it was a smaller wooded area near a beach and the beach was quieter! :laughing:

It was so strange, it was a smaller wooded area near a beach and the beach was quieter! :laughing:

I’ve found a gold fountain pen cap from the late 1800s up to 1906, an 1876 seated dime love token, and a silver Washington quarter amongst other cool finds on a wooded hillside

I’ve found a gold fountain pen cap from the late 1800s up to 1906, an 1876 seated dime love token, and a silver Washington quarter amongst other cool finds on a wooded hillside

I’m dieing to find some silver, all I’ve found is clad and costume jewelry

I’m dieing to find some silver, all I’ve found is clad and costume jewelry

I hunt pretty much everywhere I can, I’ve only door knocked once (well they were having an estate sale) but treasure is everywhere. In my front yard I found a silver Rosie, my back hillside I found the gold, love token and Washington plus some 1950s dog tags. At 1 park I found a platinum ring and another park a silver ring. My dad found 2 14k rings at the park I got the platinum and I got a 9kt white gold earring there to. Keep in mind those parks are heavily hunted.

The heaviest hunted park here a guy found a 60 year old rotc class ring and managed a return.

You would not believe the amount of trash was dug to make those finds. It comes eventually, remember gold usually rings up in the foil, pulltab and zinc penny range.

If you don’t get your coil over it you won’t find it.

Plus, I absolutely love hunting the woods, West Virginia has stuff all the way back to revolutionary war... I still haven’t found a large cent though lol

What detector do you have? What settings are you using and what area of the country are you in?

Are there power lines nearby? Some of the areas in the parks near me have power lines and those can wreak havoc on some detectors.

What detector do you have? What settings are you using and what area of the country are you in?

Are there power lines nearby? Some of the areas in the parks near me have power lines and those can wreak havoc on some detectors.

Garrett 400 ace, mid sensitivity, on the east coast, no electrical lines nearby, close to be beach but it works very well in the sand

Back
Top Bottom