Louis Vuitton 18k white gold bracket at the beach!

Livinlocal619

Well, that's what it appears to be. I am not 100% sure if it is real because I know there are a lot of counterfeit Louis Vuitton items out there, but maybe somebody here can give me some more insight?

It does say Louis Vuitton for their Makers Mark, and the clasp says 750, but I believe the other end of the bracelet is missing a piece so it's hard to compare it to others I see online.

It does appear to be white gold because it has that slight yellow tint, but again, I'm not 100% sure and do not have a acid test kit. Maybe I am seeing gold plate? The VDI was a 2 on my equinox 800 and it weighs 6.5 grams.

either way, I'm happy with finding it.

b3d7d4822f86dcf1f7ca4ef1c6d82aff.jpg
91513088b4e0bc43ec4be65870861fd0.jpg
645717aca56aec421bcea8e2cf58b53a.jpg
65bd5f525c5f80d78916d012b80d3585.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Very NIce! No info here other then have it tested. Good Luck!!

I would already be at the jewelry store :laughing: the stamp looks good, though I'm certainly no expert. Definitely let us know when the results are in! Congrats on a great find either way!

Thank you everyone! I found it early this morning, I went on a hunt from 1am to 3am. I'm not sure if I will have time today, but I'll try and visit a jewelry store to see if it's real.

anybody have any recommendations on an acid test kit? I would like to purchase one because I have a Dixie cup full of random rings, earrings, pendants, etc, that I have no idea if they are real or not.

For your sake I hope it's the real thing, but the clasp looks like one you would see on a knock off.

That was one of the things I noticed, and is the main reason I am uncertain. I'm crossing my fingers, I really hope it's real. If it's real, it's by far the most valuable thing I have found.

But at the same time, I've never seen fake Maker's Marks on cheap clasps. But I'm no expert LOL

I found a picture of one for sale online. Retail is $3,400. I hope yours is real! Take a look at the difference in the clasp though. Keep us posted!

Edit: I also noticed the chain goes through the charms and there are more of them.

Maybe there are a few different styles? I really hope it's real.

Attachments

• 20191223_125250.jpg
    20191223_125250.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 954
I found a picture of one for sale online. Retail is $3,400. I hope yours is real! Take a look at the difference in the clasp though. Keep us posted!

Edit: I also noticed the chain goes through the charms and there are more of them.

Maybe there are a few different styles? I really hope it's real.

Thank you!!

I believe there may be a couple different styles because after looking online, they also have older bracelets that don't have the chain going through the pendant, but they are yellow gold from what I have found.

I wonder if over the years they have changed designs and clasp? I'm trying to stay optimistic until I get it tested lol. I wouldn't be surprised if this was lost a long time ago. I live in San Diego, and we have been having a lot of recent storms with a lot of beach erosion. I was able to find this in a cut that was most likely hiding this for a long time.

I also hope it's real or, at least, real precious metal! One thing I noticed on your last picture of the bracelet against the green background- that bottom "cross" piece with the hole in the center looks like part of the hole is blocked by a casting imperfection? Maybe it's just the picture but I can't imagine that an authentic LV piece could get by quality controls if the casting was like that. :?:

The image on the actual item for sale seems to have thinner and sharper features .
If the one you found turns out not to be authentic it's still a pretty cool find . Good luck .

I also hope it's real or, at least, real precious metal! One thing I noticed on your last picture of the bracelet against the green background- that bottom "cross" piece with the hole in the center looks like part of the hole is blocked by a casting imperfection? Maybe it's just the picture but I can't imagine that an authentic LV piece could get by quality controls if the casting was like that. :?:

good eye. That is actually just a little bit of sand, I haven't cleaned it at all, other than rinsing it under the sink real quick.

Well I have an update, I ended up going to the jeweler down the street and just got home.

after one of my last posts, I called a jeweler down the street to see if they would be willing to tell me if it was real or not, which they told me to bring it in and they will test it for free. I told them that I found it metal detecting and was questioning if it's real because there are so many counterfeits out there. I pointed out the pendant that said Louis Vuitton and the clasp that said 750. She examined the bracelet under a magnifier for a few minutes, and then proceeded with an acid test. She tested the pendants as well as the chain. mind you, I have no idea how the acid test works, so I wasn't sure of the results while I was watching her. Next she put it on the scale,examine it further under the magnifier, entered some stuff into her computer, and then offered to buy it from me for $100. she told me it was testing as real gold but she believes it is a counterfeit Louis Vuitton because the Makers Mark is missing the "N". But if you look close, the N is there, it just seems like it has possibly worn off over time, either from the original owner, or from being in the ocean for who-knows-how-long. I'll see if I can get a better picture to show the imprint of the N more clearly. She asked if I wanted to sell it, I told her no, she offered me $150 LOL. I explained that if it was real I would just like to hold onto it.

Ultimately it is a counterfeit made out of real gold, or possibly a real Louis Vuitton that is very old?

... She asked if I wanted to sell it, I told her no, she offered me $150 ....

Well if she offered you $150 for the melt value (I assume), then I'll go one step better : I'll offer you $160. Ok ? Deal ? Deal ?

No .... don't thank me. It's the least I can do for a fine fellow California forumite like yourself ! When will you be mailing it to me ? :impatient:

Well if she offered you $150 for the melt value (I assume), then I'll go one step better : I'll offer you $160. Ok ? Deal ? Deal ?

No .... don't thank me. It's the least I can do for a fine fellow California forumite like yourself ! When will you be mailing it to me ? :impatient:

Haha don't you already get some sort of automatic percentage from anything found on California beaches?

I bet it’s real then!

That's what I'm thinking and really hope that to be true! I really couldn't imagine somebody making a counterfeit out of real gold. In my opinion, that really defeats the purpose of being a counterfeit.

I guess my next step could be contacting Louis Vuitton, but I'm not sure I would ever be able to get more than melt value anyways.

Back
Top Bottom