Clad hunters...

ohiochris

Elite Member
The road to $100 in clad is paved with 50 , two dollar days.....;)

Set realistic goals , you will get there....

I remember my very first day out with a detector back about 7yrs ago...I found 2 pennys and a nickel in roughly 2hrs.....Went on home, the Wife asked me, "Well? Find anything?" I said, "Yes! Free Money! Right in the dirt! See? I bet I can find $100 a day easy if I just quit my job and apply myself!" :laughing:

Then, about a year later, I discovered a Forum and started reading some posts... and saw how I had succumbed to an over zealous imagination of easy riches once again...:laughing:

I will say though, that first year before I knew any better and started reading the Forums? Those really were the formative years of my clad grab style and overall vulture hunting concept to get that $100 per day...So maybe unrealistic expectations are helpful in a way...?

It was just a thought I had that I wrote down here in case anyone could use the motivation. I normally rack up the clad pretty quickly but Ive had so much fun and been so busy this year with new gardens and work on the house I didn't get out detecting that much. Just trying to look at it from a different perspective so its no so depressing that winter is setting in. When I hunt all summer I normally find hundreds of dollars.....but going to fall wayyyy short of that for this years total.

$1.64 is my average for 2017.

GL & HH

Find the right fairground or school yard and that can change to $5 to $10. But even at $1.64 , if done consistently and often the total can reach atleast $100 before you know it. If you go out looking for $100 you will probably be disappointed , but if you shoot for $1.64 and accomplish it often enough then your goal is met , anything over that is a bonus.

Every year I set a goal of $300 in clad. Basically you have to dig 1000 quarters and 500 dimes to get to $300. The pennies, nickels, halves, and dollar coins are a bonus. Since 2010 when I started this goal and started keeping records of my finds I've hit and/or surpassed it every year except 2016 and that year I finished with $292. Best year was 2015.....$657 helped along by digging an even 2000 quarters.

Back
Top Bottom