Got Some More..Q's Galore!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Up and gone before the Dawn! Rained pretty much all week....Warm, 45degrees, with more inbound wind bringing rain and rapidly declining temps a few hours out on the radar...Heres my second chance to hit that place I was at last Sunday!....This time, I brought along foul weather gear and popped an aspirin before hand....In and swinging at 7:10 am...

I figured since the primary zones were so stuffed, let me scout around this huge area for the secondary and tertiary drop zones...Very wet clay mud was like stabbing through a sopping wet Angel food cake! In this kind of mess, the trick is to GENTLY probe the target and AVOID at all costs pushing it down deeper or even worse, tipping it on edge...

A stabber has to be very cautious and behave like a Brain Surgeon, very delicately, not optimal conditions for speed, but a VERY good matrix for getting the deeper Q's out of the clay...Consequently, it took a little longer on the retrieve than normal...But I settled down and just went to work steady, I wasnt all weeweed up like I was last week!.:laughing:...I got at least 10 2 coin stacks I can remember, always welcome since it helps with the CPH.......Half the time I was standing and hunting with an inch of water over the grass, but hey...at least it was not dry hardpack ...

Anyway, right on schedule, at about 10... here came the big rain, dropping temps and wind...I stopped and put on my gear, put a glove over the head of the F70 for protection, and finally called it quits at 10:50...No aches or pains today....

So lets see what we got here concerning ROI? 252 coins for $62.04..(242 Q's = 3lbs! some bycatch in the tight spills/stacks Including a dollar coin) 68.8 CPH pace, $17,23/Hr pay...!

Big place, lots left in there, zones I have not hit, but I think I got all the easy pickings in the Primary and Secondary zones anyhow....surely jewelry in there, but when the Q's are pinging in this heavily, and a guy needs to buy gas for next weeks hunts... whats a guy to do? Focus on the solid money and Stab them all of course!:laughing:

Attachments

• nov 18-17.jpg
    nov 18-17.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 338
  • nov 18-17-1.jpg
    nov 18-17-1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 300
  • nov 18-17-2.jpg
    nov 18-17-2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 303
  • nov 18-17-3.jpg
    nov 18-17-3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 303
  • nov 18-17-4.jpg
    nov 18-17-4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 305
  • nov 18-17-5.jpg
    nov 18-17-5.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Congrats Mud....Reminds me of all the schools I hit ( 30 + ) the first time. Now I go through every few months and they seem to replenish about $20 or so...Keep at it. I havent been able to get out hardly any this season due to kids baseball but on most good seasons I take in from $400-$500 in clad...Lots on here complain about clad and thats ok with me...Just leave it for me I`ll take it....Continued success man....HH !

..Lots on here complain about clad and thats ok with me...Just leave it for me I`ll take it....!

Yeah right? Dirty rotten clad gets No respect! Although Its just another subset genre to this amazing Sport! Massive Clad grabbin' is just another way to have fun and make pay...

I humbly submit this financial ROI analysis for Treasure Hunters Contemplation...

After a fast wash and winnow, I pulled $7 of fresh 'ready to spend' out of this mess, so that leaves me with $55 face value for the Coinstar...after their 12% cut, I got $48.40 to take to the LCS or do with it whatever I please this very afternoon...

At todays Silver 'OTC cost'....I can go in and buy 38 Merc dimes at $1.25 ea with the rectangular fabric swatches I received from redeeming this rotten dirty clad!....Or, I could get myself 3 Morgan Silver Dollars and a Walker half! I dont know if anybody else ever had found 38 Mercs in a few hours with a screwdriver, let alone 3 Morgans in a morning besides our Brother Foreverrich?...Well, thats what clad can do for you....Bueller? Bueller? :laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
That’s crazy stuff there man...AGAIN! How the hell many quarters are in that place anyway? I ain’t seen such a thing before...:lol:

Big Congrats! Like I always said, clad buys a lot or silver. At the speed you dig it would take a high speed video camera to catch you in action.

beephead

Dang Mud, a couple more hunts and that F70 will have paid for itself yet again. Nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:shock:
Your 3rd trip to that Clad bowl,
( what's the clad total at that spot in 3 hunts now ?)
and you keep popin quarters like there bottle caps.
Maybe a 4th trip you'll start plucking up some rings or other goodies :D

I know the muddy, rainy, nasty conditions you speak of. I have been just shlubbing up a scoop o muck, and using the pinpointer to get to the always invisible target. When I pat down the sopping wet "plug", it splats. The wet grass is good for wiping off the hands and tools. Anyway, another high five to ya! That is a dream hunt!
I see that glove is positioned to properly "greet" those who might approach you :laughing:

Up and gone before the Dawn! Rained pretty much all week....Warm, 45degrees, with more inbound wind bringing rain and rapidly declining temps a few hours out on the radar...Heres my second chance to hit that place I was at last Sunday!....This time, I brought along foul weather gear and popped an aspirin before hand....In and swinging at 7:10 am...

I figured since the primary zones were so stuffed, let me scout around this huge area for the secondary and tertiary drop zones...Very wet clay mud was like stabbing through a sopping wet Angel food cake! In this kind of mess, the trick is to GENTLY probe the target and AVOID at all costs pushing it down deeper or even worse, tipping it on edge...

A stabber has to be very cautious and behave like a Brain Surgeon, very delicately, not optimal conditions for speed, but a VERY good matrix for getting the deeper Q's out of the clay...Consequently, it took a little longer on the retrieve than normal...But I settled down and just went to work steady, I wasnt all weeweed up like I was last week!.:laughing:...I got at least 10 2 coin stacks I can remember, always welcome since it helps with the CPH.......Half the time I was standing and hunting with an inch of water over the grass, but hey...at least it was not dry hardpack ...

Anyway, right on schedule, at about 10... here came the big rain, dropping temps and wind...I stopped and put on my gear, put a glove over the head of the F70 for protection, and finally called it quits at 10:50...No aches or pains today....

So lets see what we got here concerning ROI? 252 coins for $62.04..(242 Q's = 3lbs! some bycatch in the tight spills/stacks Including a dollar coin) 68.8 CPH pace, $17,23/Hr pay...!

Big place, lots left in there, zones I have not hit, but I think I got all the easy pickings in the Primary and Secondary zones anyhow....surely jewelry in there, but when the Q's are pinging in this heavily, and a guy needs to buy gas for next weeks hunts... whats a guy to do? Focus on the solid money and Stab them all of course!:laughing:

That is just a TON of change out there. And you're not finding any jewelry? What gives?

That's alot of digging, nice score! Mud, if I'd hafto say anyone on here has ever paid their machine off tenfold it would hafto be you.

Thanks Woody! This F70 certainly has paid for itself in clad alone. That one year, back in 2012 or 13? I did a 10,000 coin year with it.

That is just plain insane Mud!
Thanks and Yes, I am! :laughing:

Congrats with the massive clad haul. Great job Mud!
Thanks Bruin, You are not doing too bad yourself!

That’s crazy stuff there man...AGAIN! How the hell many quarters are in that place anyway? I ain’t seen such a thing before...:lol:
Right? Concessions + a lot of grass nearby..

Big Congrats! Like I always said, clad buys a lot or silver. At the speed you dig it would take a high speed video camera to catch you in action.
beephead

Thanks Beep! Its a lot of practice trying to see exactly how fast a guy can get and then finding a place to practice in!:laughing:

Dang Mud, a couple more hunts and that F70 will have paid for itself yet again. Nice.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah! It sure slings off money on the regular...and its cheap to operate..sort of like me!:laughing:

:shock:
Your 3rd trip to that Clad bowl,
( what's the clad total at that spot in 3 hunts now ?)
and you keep popin quarters like there bottle caps.
Maybe a 4th trip you'll start plucking up some rings or other goodies :D

Thanks DD! This was my second trip in here, that other place 3 weeks ago I have not been back to on account of I found this place...I'll get back in there maybe over the TG holiday and give it another quick mop...

I know the muddy, rainy, nasty conditions you speak of. I have been just shlubbing up a scoop o muck, and using the pinpointer to get to the always invisible target. When I pat down the sopping wet "plug", it splats. The wet grass is good for wiping off the hands and tools. Anyway, another high five to ya! That is a dream hunt!
I see that glove is positioned to properly "greet" those who might approach you :laughing:

Ha! Good catch on that glove! :laughing: I thought it was funny too! That soup mud is something..I didnt dare try to stab any dimes until it firms up a little..

Keep it up MUD,, You will be able to buy that motor home in no time.
Leave the wife home and you hit the road.
KEN :D

Thats not a bad thought! I did drive her on over to the East side yesterday, for some thing she wanted to see and spent all MY clad on that adventure! 360 mile rd trip with nothing to show for it! :laughing:

Very nice hunt there . Awesome spot you've found .

I'm looking for a few more via the satellite...I think I got some possibles lined up that look very good from the air...

Another nice haul by the clad stabbing master!

Thanks Wave, this aint an everyday kind of thing though..This week, I had one hunt where I found 2 zincs, 3 that garnered maybe a dollar ea., a few trips to the Big Lake for about another buck or two...you know, the average!:laughing:

The early bird gets the clad! Great work.

Thanks Whirly, you are right about that! In this circumstance...gotta get in and out during the perfect time when you can have the place all to yourself..

Another awesome haul, you really kill it on those fields!

Thanks Zee, I'm looking for a few more clad havens to finish the season with...might go scout a few today..

That is just a TON of change out there. And you're not finding any jewelry? What gives?

Oh its there!...its there!, it will be there when I go back looking for it...

$120 in two hunts for one site is phenomenal, congrats! I'm surprised you haven't found any jewellery yet!

Thats the thing about a place that has so many 'pay' targets and a short window of opportunity XT..Whats a guy to do? So I went with the sure thing on 25c effort to the abandonment of all the other signals..I was running full tones and wide open, so I know where everything is for when I go back hunting for gold...

Back
Top Bottom