So who all has pre-ordered an Equinox?

I said I was going to wait until some new technology drastically changed the way a detector sees into the ground before I purchase another detector because I am satisfied with my etrac. Then i see all the comments on the ctx and it makes me want to upgrade to it but due to its cost, that most likely won't happen. The equinox is more affordable, drastically so, but i still want to wait and see how it performs. I have no water detector so it would fill that niche for me if I decide to buy it. waiting on reviews when people start getting them, and income tax refund in early 2018.......

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I said I was going to wait until some new technology drastically changed the way a detector sees into the ground before I purchase another detector because I am satisfied with my etrac. Then i see all the comments on the ctx and it makes me want to upgrade to it but due to its cost, that most likely won't happen. The equinox is more affordable, drastically so, but i still want to wait and see how it performs. I have no water detector so it would fill that niche for me if I decide to buy it. waiting on reviews when people start getting them, and income tax refund in early 2018.......

If your a coin hunter you can’t beat the Etrac,and used prices are insanely low

I am a coin hunter and have the etrac, but owners who have, or have had the etrac that now have the ctx are saying it is even better than its accomplished brother. I need a water detector so I will be getting one of those. I wouldn't part with my etrac, it has found me more silver than all my other detectors combined. Maybe one day i can upgrade to ctx, but until that day comes its my etrac and possibly the nox that I will be using.

I am a coin hunter and have the etrac, but owners who have, or have had the etrac that now have the ctx are saying it is even better than its accomplished brother. I need a water detector so I will be getting one of those. I wouldn't part with my etrac, it has found me more silver than all my other detectors combined. Maybe one day i can upgrade to ctx, but until that day comes its my etrac and possibly the nox that I will be using.

Ok,gotcha..well ,,no one knows about the nox yet.i mean hands on..My friend has a 3030 and went from the Etrac to it, he’s a dedicated Minelab guy tho and would use nothing else..He bought a deus and ditched it fast,,but remember he is a dedicated Minelab guy...Having owned a deus,I would suggest that to you.Its a good machine and the weight alone might have your Etrac catching dust.

Sitting here in NY where winter is quickly approaching,I decided to wait and see how it shakes out for those south of me.I got a CTX in December last year.Quite frankly it sucked for timing, I spend some time out in unnecessary weather, sometimes for only 45 minutes because it was so friggen cold,I could not stand it any longer.New machines released in the winter is an evil thing to seek but the waiting is the hardest part.:lol:

Ill let you take mine for a test drive before you decide if to buy. I am hoping we have a real mild winter like last year, I was able top detect all year long due to no ground freeze. Hope to get together with you for another hunt soon.

Fall and winter are the prime months for me here in WV. All types of hunting minus the water are available, sports fields, schools, playgrounds, old home sites, etc. The ground doesn't usually have a hard freeze. If it does a warm snap unthaws it enough where you can dig. Plus usually no one is out when it gets in the high 30 s low 40 s. Perfect weather to detect in. It will give me a little time before all the people venture out again in spring to try out whatever detector I get next in all types of conditions.

Sitting here in NY where winter is quickly approaching,I decided to wait and see how it shakes out for those south of me.I got a CTX in December last year.Quite frankly it sucked for timing, I spend some time out in unnecessary weather, sometimes for only 45 minutes because it was so friggen cold,I could not stand it any longer.New machines released in the winter is an evil thing to seek but the waiting is the hardest part.:lol:

same here waiting for spring and reviews.

I strongly suspect the same will happen to the Deus....at least at first. I sold mine a couple months back in anticipation of this. Wayyyyyy too many Deus guys seem quick to dump their machines for the Equinox, which will depress prices. Whether or not they go back to the Deus is to be seen. Considering I rarely dirt hunt anymore and it's December in New England, i'll be just fine with my Excal in the water. I'll do what I always do.....snag a good deal on a lightly used machine in the off season.

Back
Top Bottom