Plugger straight shaft velcro?

stewart73

Forum Supporter
I just got a Plugger straight shaft for my Excal II and noticed that along with the velcro cuff strap it also came with two large pieces of velcro, one with a sticky side. Where do these pieces go? Is the sticky one supposed to be stuck inside the cuff itself (over the screws?). Not sure what it's used for...and the cuff seems pretty huge! Any advice would be great. :D

Mine has a piece that covers the inside bottom of the arm rest.... i assume thats what you are speaking of?

Dew

Not having a Plugger shaft but just going on how my Sand Shark is set up is the sticky sided velcro goes on the outside of the cuff (cut for size of the cuff) and the other velcro goes on the outside overtop of your arm.
Cliff

Good ?

I just checked all my plugger shaft's,the Excalibur plugger shaft's have the velcro were the cuff is,my Gt and white's plugger shaft's have black rubber insert's,both cover the cuff nut head's which i think is the general idea,but i like the rubber better,if you talk to William,please mention Surf Master, and ask him to explain,why is it that the excal shaft's he uses the velcro, instead of the rubber insert's that he use's on the other shaft's he make's :interesting::nicethread: Thank's Earl

Thanks guys, I think I figured it out thanks to your suggestions. :yes: sticky side on the inside and then the 'softer' piece sticks on top of that.

That is correct

but i do like the rubber ,the velcro work's,doesn't sweat like the rubber,so maybe since your at the beach,take's the water,and sweat, better than the rubber,mine havn't come off yet,happy hunting,Earl

Good to know! I just ordered a 3pc Plugger shaft, would have run into the same question I am sure! :p

Hope you guy's

Got the knob guard , and stand,i have the old style shaft lock's,i think he went to the new one's on all the shaft's now,a little better,happy hunting guy's,my set up,and the newer shaft lock

Attachments

• 20110602_2.JPG
    20110602_2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 20110801_5.JPG
    20110801_5.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 355
I was wondering how long it would take for THESE pictures to be posted AGAIN :laughing:

Glad I make my open shafts so I don't have to post pictures of someone else's shafts. :lol: However Plugger does make a good shaft and I do use his cam locks they are the best I have found so far.

Curious question... do you right hand swingers position the knobs facing you or away from you on the plugger shafts?

I am curious as to why you choose the way you do, after seeing everyone seemingly position them towards your body, I would think that would create more potential to bump the knobs?

And while we are talking about knobs, why the guard? I just ordered a plugger 3 pc., but it didn't include the guard.

I swing right handed, i mounted my control pod with the knobs facing out...That way i don't bump them accidentally.
As far as the velcro, mine started to rip free from the webbing strap, i fixed it with a zip tie through both pieces and it's been fine for almost a year like that...

Canslaw reply

Canslaw :laughing:,as long as i know it bother's YOU :laughing:,your not the only nember,there are new member's,happy hunting,have a nice day !

Earl, you need to chill, you take everything to serious. Or maybe you could take a new picture for those of us that have been around for awhile. :lol:

sure canslaw

Anything for you,just send me up a fine looking digger girl, and a Chesapeake Bay retreaver :lol:,my recent lost item's,chill:lol:couldn't be anymore calmer:confused:,stop :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:,about my picture's:viking2::boxing::numchuck::takeoff::viking::snapoutofit::wave::twister::coolpics::coolpics::ohwell::please::what::happythanks:

outwardjourney

I swing with the left,my knobs face away,with a knob guard on,if i want to change setting's,i just tilt my elbo up,if you swing right handed,the same,knobs away,happy hunting,Earl

Back
Top Bottom