Harbor Freight Pinpointer (Cen Tech)

byb310

Just purchased a Harbor Freight pinpointer. I know there is a way to "protect" the button part or the detector. Can some please share? I searched but could not find a solution.

Thanks!

Do to the low price, most people don't have an reservations toward opening them up and messing around. I didn't like holding the button, so I put in a different switch. Didn't like the loud beep, swapped out the beeper, with a pager motor, so it vibrates. While I had it apart, messed with the little trim pot, to fine tune it. Broke it, replaced it with a 2k pot, roughly, only thing close I had, that would fit in the PCB holes.

I don't know about protecting the switch, for the price, I didn't really care. Works good though. Just got a Propointer a couple of days ago, it's got some extras, but not as big a jump as you'd expect for the price. Wouldn't buy another one, if lose the one I've got. The Centech is really more my speed, I like tweaking things.

You the 'Search' button, there are several thread about the Centech, if you got a soldering iron, you won't have any problems.

you can keep it inside the included pouch it comes with, my buddy uses his like that and it keeps the unit clean protecting the button

When we were using ours, Hubby put some electrical tape over the button, tight enough so dirt didn't get in, but loose enough so it would move in and out. : )

I bought my Little Wizard II from EBay nearly 5 years ago for $15. Works great, easy to use, and tough! I've gotten it muddy, wet, full of dirt, and I just wipe it down with a wet rag, change the 9v battery now and again, and it keeps on going. It gives a tone and all LED's light up when you're on the target.

RD :coolman:

Attachments

• IMG-20120303-00063.jpg
    IMG-20120303-00063.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 693
Cen Tech

I went to radio Shack and got a new button and a very small vibrator motor I was going to do the mods and broke off the what is it Pot? so I gave it to someone here to use to figure out how to make the Cen Techs work better...Good Luck and Happy Hunting....:biker::digginahole: :excited: :signals: :biker:

Back
Top Bottom