Rutus or not to Rutus

samorano

Hi I'm going to England the 24 July and I'm very tempted tu order a Rutus I have read all the posts all about it, I'm the other way around of Ghound I have owned a Deus for 2 years and is a hate love relationship what I'm after is the 1/2 real silver cobs that are getting scares in are fields I have used ctx ,Deus with great success but need just a little more depth the fields that I work in are not trashy the ground varies a lot so can the rutus give me an edge also I would like to hunting at list one Day in England any suggestions much appreciated thanks all try to post a picture of the cobs I'm after Van

Rutus does in my opinion hit thinner and smaller nonferrous things better than Deus does.

No cob coins in my area.

Deus with version 4 is better on the smaller stuff vs older versions on average.

External speaker using Rutus I rate below average, but wearing good quality headphones much, much better.

Deus external speaker much better than Rutus.

Hunting in older area like in Europe, I could live with using either or Deus or Rutus.

Modern trash I like Rutus better when comparing 11" coils with Deus.

I'd agree with Tnss.
In the uk, on an old site we pretty much dig everything above iron, no screen target ID needed, just tones, lots of small interesting relics and coins to be had, i'd say the Deus is number one seller for such sites, especially for stubble and ploughed fields, and the old guys love that its lightweight.
Personally i've only had the deus for a short while, i need more time with it, i do like the machine, i've been finding things on my sites where i thought i'd done a decent job on already. I'm not going to give you the normal line, ' it made my old previous sites come alive again' but it certainly works different in the soil to some other machines, as Tnss says it works well in 3D.
But so far, with limited time on the Deus, it isnt's the best for my sites, the Rutus is more suited, it's more of an all rounder and covers more bases but with little compromise in performance, it sees more odd shaped and thin relics which i enjoy finding.
I could run the Rutus in 2 tone and use the screen ID/hodo graph as backup, not so with the Deus, it has less feedback and i don't trust it in full tones around small iron on mid tone targets.
At the end of the day there both brilliant relic machines, we make our choices according to our needs.

Thanks Ghound & Tnss

It's late I Will try tomorrow to upload a picture thanks

Back
Top Bottom