Looks Like a Lead....Lego ???

Harley-Dog

Hi Everybody,

I found this a couple inches down in a school yard. From the one side it looks like a Lego piece except it's made out of a non-ferrous metal--possibly lead or pewter. Anyone ever seen anything like it? Thanx.

Harley-Dog

Attachments

• Dsc07961.jpg
    Dsc07961.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 160
  • Dsc07962.jpg
    Dsc07962.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 163
That's a good one...... I've never seen anything quite like that before?? Maybe part of a chain link???? :?: :?: No......it can't be that, it is made out of a soft metal. 8)

Can you tell if its silver or silver plated? It shouldn't be what I'm thinking it is. A few months ago I saw a batch of similar size and shape pieces that were for industrial electrical use. They were 80 - 90% solid silver.

novakpower said:
Can you tell if its silver or silver plated? It shouldn't be what I'm thinking it is. A few months ago I saw a batch of similar size and shape pieces that were for industrial electrical use. They were 80 - 90% solid silver.

I agree with Novakpower. It looks like an electrical terminal or connector of some sort. Not uncommon for them to use lead though(they still do for battery terminals)

I think I can rule out lead, although the color looks like a perfect match. I know that lead is extremely soft and is easy to put a scratch or gouge in it with a screwdriver or something similar. I tried that on the backside and it took a lot of effort just to put a light scratch on it.

Novakpower suggested the possibility of it being silver or silverplated. What simple test could I perform to determine if it is silver or not? If it is silver, it is obviously tarnished. Does silver polish "clean up" other metals besides silver?

Harley-Dog

Back
Top Bottom