Detector Won't Stop Picking Up Aluminum Cans!

illfindit

Generally, I like to detect in all metal mode and dig everything, but occasionally, I get sick of the old soda and beer cans. My detector rejects aluminum foil with discrimination of high but picks up cans clear as day. I called bounty hunter, and the rep said I had a defective unit. Swapped it out and the new one does the same. Why does it reject foil but pick up aluminum pop cans?

I've got a bounty hunter tracker IV

Most all will the detector is not defective I dont think? My Atpro hits em like clad dimes at 81-82 when I am hunting in a trashy area I just use the old raise the coil trick and if I keep getting a strong signal I pass it if I loose the signal I dig it but thats just my way I am sure others have their way of discing them out I also can tell by the crossing of the target as well which will determine the size of the target

Try raising your coil as you sweep over the target. If you are still getting a signal at 12+ inches, it's probably junk.

Thanks for the tips, glad to know my unit isn't broken. I just thought I had read in the manual that you should be able to discriminate aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom