Ammo

booker

Forum Supporter
With winter coming on I was thinking of something to do and decided to try ammo collecting. I picked up some different calibers here and there and was wondering if any members here collect?

TURTLEFOOT!!!!!(time for you to post in this thread)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I collect shotshell heads. I am trying to see just how many different headstamp/gauge combinations I can get along with as many different variations within the headstamp/gauge combos.

I am having a blast with this and I have learned SO MUCH! It's becoming a true obsession!

With winter coming on I was thinking of something to do and decided to try ammo collecting. I picked up some different calibers here and there and was wondering if any members here collect?

Are you collecting complete shells or just the empties?

Some. Here's a box of Finnish-made rounds used by the army prior to 1945. Calibre is 7,62x53R. Basic ball ammo, traces, incendiaries, blanks... Non-dug ones as you probably guessed. :)

Voriax

Attachments

• patit800.jpg
    patit800.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 228
Paper shotgun shells

Just came in to possession this weekend of some boxes and shells in decent condition. 410, 10, 12, and 20 gauge. Gonna make a display at my bar in the basement as a tribute to bird dogs and bird hunting.

i only collect some small wwII shells which are free to collect, because permit is needed for collecting ammunition over here and i don't have one.
the ammo i do collect is blackpowder bullets like musketballs.

Black is for armor piercing and red for incindery, I think

at your info ;)

blue = Incendiary
red = Tracer
orange = Day tracer
black = AP (Armor Piercing)
silver = AP/Incendiary
green = Frangible
purple = Incendiary
yellow = High Pressure Test

It is a fun hobby.... one I dabbled in, but just could not devote the time to do it properly. At the gun show in Puyallup, WA, there was a dealer that sold the old fully brass shotgun shells. They were really interesting. RickO

You're about thirty years to late. At the height of my gun collecting, I could have given you enough cartridges to start a nice collection. I also had a brass shotgun shell. I filled it full of lead and inserted it into the rear of a stock on a High Standard auto 12 gauge shotgun. It added weight, but the gun felt lighter, because it balanced out a whole lot better. Whoever has it now, probably doesn't even know that it's there.

Back
Top Bottom