Any Experiences With Patriot Waterproof Headphones For The Nox?

AlbyM

In all the research I've done so far, the 2 waterproof headphones that get mentioned the most as the "best" options for underwater with the Equinox are the Patriot Headphones (http://metaldetecting.com/en/patriot-equinox-water-weq) and the Tony Eisenhower's Headphones. Has anyone actually used both and can accurately compare the 2 models? I'm talking in terms of volume underwater and comfort.

In all the research I've done so far, the 2 waterproof headphones that get mentioned the most as the "best" options for underwater with the Equinox are the Patriot Headphones (http://metaldetecting.com/en/patriot-equinox-water-weq) and the Tony Eisenhower's Headphones. Has anyone actually used both and can accurately compare the 2 models? I'm talking in terms of volume underwater and comfort.
I've not tried the Patriots but the Tony's are going to be hard to beat.

Cliff

I haven't used either, but I do own and like the LS Pelso ones off eBay after someone recommended them to me. They were cheaper as well ($97 with shipping).

I've tested Tony's, a very nice clean audio, well made and the Left / Right Hp's are very easy on the head. I would recommend them over anything out there..Never tested the Patriots but test them against the GGA's II ...Tony's are a little louder. Both are the same price I believe..175.00

DB test with a nickel at 4 inch's..

Tony's 91/91

GGA's 89/90

Also tested the Skullies, Craig likes,...l nothing to match them..

Not a lot of information online in terms of a direct comparison of the Patriot vs. the Tony model, unfortunately. In the end, I ordered the Patriot since some feedback indicated that they are loudest underwater when used with the Nox. Volume is crucial for me as I need to hear the beeps over the regulator when I dive with a Blu3 Nemo. Thanks all for the feedback shared and I'll post a review of the Patriot as soon as I use it in a couple of months.

Not a lot of information online in terms of a direct comparison of the Patriot vs. the Tony model, unfortunately. In the end, I ordered the Patriot since some feedback indicated that they are loudest underwater when used with the Nox. Volume is crucial for me as I need to hear the beeps over the regulator when I dive with a Blu3 Nemo. Thanks all for the feedback shared and I'll post a review of the Patriot as soon as I use it in a couple of months.
I'll be looking for it. Of course you won't be able to do a comparison with the Tony's either.

Cliff

For underwater use, shallow-diving, the Patriots are my choice, due to the excellent volume. To even further that, for diving, you can optimize your nox tones by choosing 2-tone audio while diving and pick the most favorable/loudest pitch-tone for your liking.

I now use the newest version of LS Pelsos for when wading. In comparing them recently, the Patriots are louder with higher pitches and pelsos are louder with the mid pitch tones.
Patriots are more comfortable. I dislike their extra long cord.
Have had some amphibians modified by Tony, amphibians, amphibian ii’s, minelab yellows in the past couple years also. Ever evolving arsenal for detecting fun.

I've tested Tony's, a very nice clean audio, well made and the Left / Right Hp's are very easy on the head. I would recommend them over anything out there..Never tested the Patriots but test them against the GGA's II ...Tony's are a little louder. Both are the same price I believe..175.00

DB test with a nickel at 4 inch's..

Tony's 91/91

GGA's 89/90

Also tested the Skullies, Craig likes,...l nothing to match them..

What did you think of ambient noise cancelation for Eisenhower’s headphones?

Nothing beats my Skullies!

R5

Forgot about another option... Mal’s SurffoneS.

I use them on my CTX. Tones and ambient noise reduction are good, but after a couple hours, I do notice they pinch my ears.

R5

Back
Top Bottom